Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-07-2014, 07:01   #1

Boat: None at the moment
Fanfare Charters

Was anyone on here at all familiar with Fanfare Charters out of Red Hook on St. Thomas? I think they have been gone for quite a while, but thought it might be worth asking.

I ask because about 15 years ago my family used them to charter a day sail. Shortly after returning back home to Oklahoma, I called them and asked for a job and was living aboard one of their boats the following week. It didn't take long to realize that it wasn't the best operation and that perhaps I should look elsewhere. Primarily, but among other things, they weren't really paying me with any regularity...if at all. So it turned out to be a relatively short chapter of my life, but one that I think about often.

I remember reading some pretty unfavorable reviews of Fanfare from the early 2000s, which wasn't the least bit surprising given my experiences. I did, however, meet a few good people and sometimes wonder where they are lurking.

I'd be interested to hear about anyone else's experiences with Fanfare. I have no loyalty whatsoever, so don't hold back...just don't hold me accountable for anything that happened, as I wasn't there long, I was 19 and just looking for adventure, and didn't yet know enough to know that I didn't know anything (still don't, actually).
DaBod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter