Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 10:14   #1

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Knutson K-35 Yawl "Oh Joy" - Mariner 31 Ketch "Kahagon" - K-40 "Seasmoke" - 30' Sloop "Baccus"
Talking Gauging Interest in a Multi-Forum Rally / Race Event

I yak at a lot of cool folks on various sailing forums including this one. I'm thinking of organizing a rally, race event in the PNW this Summer. I'm thinking it would be an informal race from Flounder Bay (outside Skyline Marina) out to and around Whale Rocks in the San Juan Channel, out to and around Smith Is and back to Flounder Bay for a raft up rally. Bob Perry has graciously volunteered to help assign PHRF ratings to those (like myself) who don't have them. The event would be very laid back in cruiser style. I'm thinking the race would be a Time On Distance affair with each boat clocked over and back instead of the normal fight at the line. We could also do two starts, one for those who wanna do the traditional start and one for the cruisier folks who don't care for fighting for a starting position. All racing would be strictly voluntary. The course would be a triangle affair so the W/L boats wouldn't have all the advantage. If anyone would be interested or have some ideas, post here or PM me.

If the Mods think this is inappropriate, please feel free to move it.
CharlieCobra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
race