Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 08:29   #91

Boat: Leopard 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
do you have a ref? i googled it, and found nothing.
Yeah I was surprised too and concerned because we are heading back down there next week. Looks like Florida Bay in the Everglades is closed to fishing but state managed lands are open

http://www.keysnet.com/2013/10/05/49...al-marine.html
Old 05-10-2013, 09:24   #92

Boat: Bruce Roberts 434
Send a message via Skype™ to capttman
How stupid !!!!! It is the peoples land who do the politicians think they are. They just are demonstrating how much power they gave and how they can abuse it

"When the bow be in the trees we'll be running out of seas"
Old 05-10-2013, 09:29   #93

Re: Govt Shutdown Impact on Boaters

Hey Scoobert, try this link:

Feds Try to Close the OCEAN Because of Shutdown
Old 05-10-2013, 09:56   #94

Boat: 1964 Pearson Ariel 'Faith' / Pearson 424, sv Emerald Tide

It is clear that the shut down is being effected to "make it hurt" rather then from any rational reaction to the current funding cap.

I believe it is important that we all notify our elected officials of our views on this, whatever our political affiliation.

There simply has to be a dialog among our elected officials... There can be no result on of this without it.

Hope we get through this soon.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:01   #95

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard5 View Post
The stories are coming in. Boaters and campers are being kicked off Lake Mead and Lake Powell. At Mead, rangers have already removed docks. Nat'l Seashores are being closed. It's now violation of federal law to even walk on a beach on federal lands. Also there are numerous reports, some unconfirmed, which state any privately owned marinas on lands leased from the feds are now or will be closed.

The Myths and Realities of the Government Shutdown | OcracokeCurrent

Thank you petulant schoolboys in DC.

The politics of this at all levels is an incredible race to be the biggest jerk. Michigan DNR sent out a notice that all federal wildlife reserves are closed. These are open air, fallow land, unpatrolled by the FED & managed by the Michigan DNR. Seeney, for example, in the U-P is 30 miles long with hundreds of roads criss-crossing. You will almost never see anyone in there. The park service in Washington has barricaded the National Mall, a central park sized parcel of flat land with side-walks everywhere & our national monuments. They have “closed” this open space. To do this, they expended enormous effort, manpower and machinery to install heavy barriers by fork trucks, using the same, furloughed employees. These same guys now stand guard over the side walks, looking like the idiots & tools that they are. That we are spending anything to do this is insane. My suggestion is that every person who can, by the thousands, occupy the National Parks open spaces. Take your bolt cutters.

TIME FOR CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:15   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholson58 View Post
The politics of this at all levels is an incredible race to be the biggest jerk. Michigan DNR sent out a notice that all federal wildlife reserves are closed. These are open air, fallow land, unpatrolled by the FED & managed by the Michigan DNR. Seeney, for example, in the U-P is 30 miles long with hundreds of roads criss-crossing. You will almost never see anyone in there. The park service in Washington has barricaded the National Mall, a central park sized parcel of flat land with side-walks everywhere & our national monuments. They have “closed” this open space. To do this, they expended enormous effort, manpower and machinery to install heavy barriers by fork trucks, using the same, furloughed employees. These same guys now stand guard over the side walks, looking like the idiots & tools that they are. That we are spending anything to do this is insane. My suggestion is that every person who can, by the thousands, occupy the National Parks open spaces. Take your bolt cutters. TIME FOR CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE.
Sssshhhhh! Breaking Bad just came on my flat screen 65" TV and the pizza guy is showing up any minute now. I don't have time for this, I have to grab a Miller Light and chat with my friends on Facebook from my iPhone about the TV show.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:10   #97
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

rodlmao..
Old 05-10-2013, 11:22   #98
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholson58 View Post

The politics of this at all levels is an incredible race to be the biggest jerk. Michigan DNR sent out a notice that all federal wildlife reserves are closed. These are open air, fallow land, unpatrolled by the FED & managed by the Michigan DNR. Seeney, for example, in the U-P is 30 miles long with hundreds of roads criss-crossing. You will almost never see anyone in there. The park service in Washington has barricaded the National Mall, a central park sized parcel of flat land with side-walks everywhere & our national monuments. They have “closed” this open space. To do this, they expended enormous effort, manpower and machinery to install heavy barriers by fork trucks, using the same, furloughed employees. These same guys now stand guard over the side walks, looking like the idiots & tools that they are. That we are spending anything to do this is insane. My suggestion is that every person who can, by the thousands, occupy the National Parks open spaces. Take your bolt cutters.

TIME FOR CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE.
Did the US go French suddenly. Come to think of it , could you imagine the French gov trying to prevent its citizens for doing anything lol.

Anyway it must be a global joke that a " government " that prints its own money can run out of it. !! I mean really whose kidding who

Dace
Old 05-10-2013, 11:25   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Did the US go French suddenly. Come to think of it , could you imagine the French gov trying to prevent its citizens for doing anything lol. Anyway it must be a global joke that a " government " that prints its own money can run out of it. !! I mean really whose kidding who Dace
The US Government doesn't print it own money. The Federal Reserve is a private bank that the government buys money from at interest.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:54   #100

Boat: Avon Rib, 65hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBLittle View Post
The US Government doesn't print it own money. The Federal Reserve is a private bank that the government buys money from at interest.
So who owns the Fed?
Mac
Old 05-10-2013, 12:10   #101

Boat: Fuji 45'
Send a message via Yahoo to DiverChick71 Send a message via Skype™ to DiverChick71
Shutdown humor
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2003965670.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	68226   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4124300907.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	68227  

Old 05-10-2013, 12:44   #102
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBLittle View Post

That's the illusion a gov maintains in a fiat currency. But of course its just paying itself interest

Dave
Old 05-10-2013, 12:59   #103

Boat: Leopard 40
It is all part of the "Washington Monument syndrome" where the government shuts down the most visible "services" (can ypu consider access to public lands a service?!!) to gain support for their side. It is really a national embarassment. I am about ready to move in next to Zeehag if she will tolerate my composting toilet
Old 05-10-2013, 13:04   #104

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaktiGurl View Post
It is all part of the "Washington Monument syndrome" where the government shuts down the most visible "services" (can ypu consider access to public lands a service?!!) to gain support for their side. It is really a national embarassment. I am about ready to move in next to Zeehag if she will tolerate my composting toilet
It is really sad.
Old 05-10-2013, 13:13   #105

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
i have heard nonsensical things before, but that takes the cake.
Perhaps re-read some of your claims and statements from the past...pretty funny
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Closed Thread