Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2006, 20:27   #16

CaptainJeff.

Long Beach area. Hmmm. I just happen to know a nice art gallery in that area. Hadn't been there in 5 years. Suppose I'm overdue to make another visit?

I have a old friend who's a artist. And he had some of his works submitted (put on display) at that gallery. This art gallery is mostly a Latino artists gallery. I cannot remember the name of the gallery. Since I only visited it only once.

So you're looking for a Catalina 30? Exactlly what are you looking for, in a Catalina 30. One with a diesel engine. Or a gasoline engine. Yes!! They make'em with diesels.

I'll try looking up this one site I could refer you to. It's out in California. Once I find it. I'll PM'ed it to you!!

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
CaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 20:51   #17

Oh yeah Sean.

I forgot to ask you about the snowstorms. That the New York city area has been having lately. How much is it affecting you?

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
CaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 09:37   #18

Boat: 1981 Gulfstar Sailmaster 39'
Re: Gulfstar 39' Sailmaster

My wife and I currently have a gulfstar sailmaster 39. We are in the process of restoring it. Overall, great boat. Each will have its own problems depending on the past owner but as far as "would I take one across the Atlantic", if equipped well, I would say yes. I would also caravan with other boats. It's a slower moving boat than most but doesn't have the "slapping" issue that newer faster boats generally have. It will plow through heavy seas. We went through 5-6 foot seas with no problems. At least none that were not to be expected.
With 5 people onboard, finding space to sleep can be hard. There are two fold up berths but they are not a reasonable size for an adverage adult to use. That leaves (depending on model and year) two standard beds and the forward bunk. No sea berth. So, we hot racked the forward berth mostly, or sleeped outside.
The fastest we ever got her was around ten knots. Standeres main, with following seas, 130 Jenny.
The motor is great. Perkins 4108. Upgrade to a raycore fuel filter system. I can explain why if you want.
Would I say this boat is a good as a Swan 39? No, but also much less exsoensive and more comfortable.

If anyone else has questions, please feel free to ask.
Sorry for any spelling errors. Typing on a small iPhone.
Fair winds!
ad-ventureout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gulfstar