Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 23:52   #1
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440
Hamilton Island QLD :(

It's been a few years since I was last at Hamilton Island, but I have been in recently and was very disappointed in the way things have gone there. I anchored off and tendered in so I am unsure how much the marina is there - last time I checked a few years ago it was $200 Per Night, so will be more by now.

It was never particularly cheap on the island, but now its really gone way expensive - 4 Ice Creams were $49 and it was just a bog standard Peters Ice Cream and In general all the food was hideously priced with the quality being absolute XXXXhouse - Kids couldn't even finish their lunch it was so bad.

The other thing that got my Goat, was everywhere I went would not except cash - I later found out the only place on the whole island that will take cash is the post office and the Pub (not all bad then .

Anyway, that's my gripe over for today and yes 1st world problems.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:54   #2

Boat: Lightwave 38' Catamaran - now sold
Re: Hamilton Island QLD :(

For a 44' cat it is $220 a night, very expensive yes. The only time I stayed overnight there was when a friend who we were picking up from the airport was delayed and it was then going to be dark when he got to the boat. Best thing is to avoid it if you can, I certainly did if I could.
clownfishsydney is offline   Reply With Quote