Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2014, 14:58   #16

Boat: 1972 Aquarius 23'
Re: Happy dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMdRSailor View Post
Great job man!

You're almost there!

You won't have any problems with the OB shaft length, I don't think... You can check it out pretty well on the trailer... Lower the OB and see where the powerhead sits relative to the bootstripe...

Glad your mast was easy to raise... None of them are insane, just some harder than others...
Yeah I over thought it with my shoulder being somewhat out then but me and pops hoisted it up after trying some blocks and tackle by hand and it did well.

Rewiring the outboard now after pulling the cover off I am one wire shy of fixing that has dry rotted but I hope tomorrow at the local motor scrap yard they may have something at least that has somewhat of a pig tail to solder to. If not there are other ways I can rig this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by appick View Post
Also let's see some more pics of the boat and the inside!

Ye asked for it.. Its a nice bare inside to learn and do what we want. For being a 72' there is barely any wood rot on the floor for it having no bilge pit. Here is some shots taken this winter as we did a couple of things while we could. Do have cushions for all the settees Just left them inside to let whole cabin to air out and it was winter then.
Wonderinlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 11:31   #17

Boat: 1972 Aquarius 23'
Re: Happy dance

The boat has a motor!!

Just got the 9.8 HP Mercury all rewired from the points to the coils and the grounds due to age and cracking. To my amazement it fired right up. I was unsure if the coils were still good and the motor has sat for a few years before I scoped it up. It may need a carburetor cleaning. Im thinking the high speed jet is a little plugged. It bogs down when I give it full throttle but the sweet spot it likes is mid throttle.

I had to go on the lake with it to see how well it is and it did seem a little starved for fuel and not screaming as it should. I hope it had nothing to do with the 19 ft boat I was trying to push it with not allowing the prop to really spin. Its my first attempt with a small outboard like this. Still learning. One night rainy night I will clean it out but I was just to happy it ran.
Wonderinlost is offline   Reply With Quote