Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-01-2017, 07:47   #106

Boat: Pearson 34-II
Re: Help! Trying to get the wife in the game.....

"I hear what your saying and you made some good points but evolution as you suggest is ongoing. " Robert Sailor

That is correct, Robert, but the changes you mention are sociological/cultural and temporal not anthropomorphic unless of course there is some district deep in the bastions of New Age Evolutionary New York City or Los Angeles where physiological adaptations are in the process of mingling Man and Woman into a Unisexual hermaphrodite changing the course of human evolution forever. I wonder what old Darwin is thinking now . . . good luck and safe sailing.
Old 21-01-2017, 09:36   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
Watch a few videos made by this couple, share them with your wife. Similar boat to what we have cruising some of the same areas. The videos really give you a feel of what it's like.

Forget about the boat for now, unlike what the others are recommending.... it's all about lifestyle. Most important, your wife needs to buy into the lifestyle before you even bother looking at boats.

Had to LOL.....WHO was doing all the work as the man was at the helm. If I was the wife I'd be ....is THAT how it is?
Old 21-01-2017, 09:41   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognvald View Post
"I hear what your saying and you made some good points but evolution as you suggest is ongoing. " Robert Sailor

That is correct, Robert, but the changes you mention are sociological/cultural and temporal not anthropomorphic unless of course there is some district deep in the bastions of New Age Evolutionary New York City or Los Angeles where physiological adaptations are in the process of mingling Man and Woman into a Unisexual hermaphrodite changing the course of human evolution forever. I wonder what old Darwin is thinking now . . . good luck and safe sailing.
Thanks for the well wishes. I don't know if you noticed but women these days are doing almost everything a man does, for being a fighter pilot to climbing mount Everest. My ex used to tell me that a women was expected to do each job twice as good as a male to be considered equal and fortunately it wasn't that hard. They box, play hockey and are leading men in Medicine and many legal fields. Yes they have babies but the higher their education is the less babies they have. Some evolution is in the eyes of the be holders.
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 09:44   #109
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen411 View Post
Had to LOL.....WHO was doing all the work as the man was at the helm. If I was the wife I'd be ....is THAT how it is?
Watch their videos next time before making a boneheaded comment just to be contrary. The responsibilities are shared and so is the enjoyment. IMO
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 10:06   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
Watch their videos next time before making a boneheaded comment just to be contrary. The responsibilities are shared and so is the enjoyment. IMO
Boneheaded huh? Just a humorous observation. You sound a bit constipated today, which is no surprise.

BTW, YOU are and continue to be the contrary one. You post MORE insults and derogatory comments than most ANYBODY on this forum. Good job Ken.

Looking forward to meeting you someday...NOT.
Old 21-01-2017, 10:43   #111

Boat: Amel 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert sailor View Post
Thanks for the well wishes. I don't know if you noticed but women these days are doing almost everything a man does, for being a fighter pilot to climbing mount Everest. My ex used to tell me that a women was expected to do each job twice as good as a male to be considered equal and fortunately it wasn't that hard. They box, play hockey and are leading men in Medicine and many legal fields. Yes they have babies but the higher their education is the less babies they have. Some evolution is in the eyes of the be holders.
You are confusing evolution with socialengineering and of getting women into wage slavery. Society has tried to make equal what is not equal (men and women are not equal we are different hence why we are complementary, nature made it so) we are currently paying the price for it with the breakdown of family structure and the problems that has created all throughout western societies.

Women in the west started to become unhappy after WWII when this was taking off and they have gotten more unhappy and depressed with each decade ever since. The truth is women are homemakers by nature and motherhood is essential to making them happy (no, using exceptions also known as anecdotes do not disprove this at all) women are the most happy when they engage in the natural, feminine, nurturing act of motherhood.

I am well aware of the fact that this is not politically correct to say because it goes against current political agenda and narrative in the west, but it's true, and truth and nature does not care about political correctness. I am also aware that there might be women out there who will view this post as a threat to their 'freedom'. They shouldn't view it as such however.

I am not against women working women have always worked, but if their focus is solely to compete with men whilst ignoring the nature of what they are they will end up miserable and all alone past their prime at the age of 40 sitting in a flat somewhere, and to try substitute for the lack of children they will have a cat or two around. Often times ending up very bitter because their window has closed.

Of course, getting women into the wage slavery where we men historically have been alone made it possible to tax half the population. But I don't see how that has benefited our western society, to be honest. If anything it made it almost impossible for a man to provide for his family on his salary alone, these days most parents are both forced to work to make ends meet. Which of course means that any children they have will have to be in daycare having a "work day" for 8 hours or so, whilst they are being raised by paid strangers.

Que the name calling and the ad hominem.
Van Der Beek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 10:50   #112
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

So... I have got my extra large padded DEPENDS on and am shivering at the responses to come..

Can we move on from philosophy and go back to helping the OP with the issue raised?

Please?
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 10:51   #113

Boat: Harbor 20, Seawind 1370 (2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btexpres85 View Post
I think that would certainly help but a CAT may be beyond my budget to try and retire this early....
You don't need a Lagoon 450, the Privilege 39 came out in the late 80's, a great solid boat, there are other great 90's boats out there. Find one that someone either babied or just spent a ton refurbishing for a long range cruise that didn't happen. We are finally getting to the place were there are great older cats available in the 100's. Some even the low 100's.
Mark424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 10:53   #114

Boat: Sandibar 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen411 View Post
Sorry, I don't get this comment either. Even as a joke. Are you implying the man is doing less than his share or what?
Sandibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 10:55   #115
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

This is a lovely Cat...

Mahe 36 Catamaran for sale by Owner
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 11:18   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandibar View Post
Sorry, I don't get this comment either. Even as a joke. Are you implying the man is doing less than his share or what?
The ONE posted video I watched showed the woman working (walking around in "fast motion" setting fenders etc) while the man was at the helm. Something I've witnessed a lot over the decades of boating and living on the water. In THIS particular video, not knowing anything about this couple, YES, the lady was doing most of the physical work and IMHO, would not be the best video to watch if attempting to encourage a non sailing spouse. Not a big deal, as this was just one video I found a bit "typical" and a bit humorous. Certainly nothing to take umbrage over.

As this pertains to the OP who wants to get his wife "In the Game"....

Like most probably, I do whatever it takes to make boating as enjoyable as possible for my lady love. This would include sharing in the labor and responsibilities...as much as she feels comfortable with. This of course includes her helming as much as she wants while I do all the rest. Getting her certified at a reputable sailing school greatly enhanced her sailing enjoyment.....and mine too.

Something I would recommend to any new to sailing couple.
Old 21-01-2017, 13:01   #117

I had the same problem with mine, she had never been on a small boat before, so I booked a cheap 10 day holiday on Air BnB in Greece, we live Germany, Expecting owner to be onboard with us, he wasn't, we had the boat a Hanse 471 to ourselves, I told him what I was trying to achieve and he took us out for a few day sails, I now have a wife who is looking forward to doing her day skipper in the spring and trawling the new for a boat of our own.
inet-projects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 14:59   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Der Beek View Post
You are confusing evolution with socialengineering and of getting women into wage slavery. Society has tried to make equal what is not equal (men and women are not equal we are different hence why we are complementary, nature made it so) we are currently paying the price for it with the breakdown of family structure and the problems that has created all throughout western societies.

Women in the west started to become unhappy after WWII when this was taking off and they have gotten more unhappy and depressed with each decade ever since. The truth is women are homemakers by nature and motherhood is essential to making them happy (no, using exceptions also known as anecdotes do not disprove this at all) women are the most happy when they engage in the natural, feminine, nurturing act of motherhood.

I am well aware of the fact that this is not politically correct to say because it goes against current political agenda and narrative in the west, but it's true, and truth and nature does not care about political correctness. I am also aware that there might be women out there who will view this post as a threat to their 'freedom'. They shouldn't view it as such however.

I am not against women working women have always worked, but if their focus is solely to compete with men whilst ignoring the nature of what they are they will end up miserable and all alone past their prime at the age of 40 sitting in a flat somewhere, and to try substitute for the lack of children they will have a cat or two around. Often times ending up very bitter because their window has closed.

Of course, getting women into the wage slavery where we men historically have been alone made it possible to tax half the population. But I don't see how that has benefited our western society, to be honest. If anything it made it almost impossible for a man to provide for his family on his salary alone, these days most parents are both forced to work to make ends meet. Which of course means that any children they have will have to be in daycare having a "work day" for 8 hours or so, whilst they are being raised by paid strangers.

Que the name calling and the ad hominem.
OK we will leave it there. We will just agree to disagree because on this subject we have very little common ground and you need some to even have a reasonable discussion.. enjoy your day
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 15:06   #119

Boat: Pearson 34-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert sailor View Post

Robert,
Are your examples the exception or the norm? How many male fighter pilots vs. female? How many males climbers of Everest vs. female? How many boxers, hockey players(professional?) and doctors vs. males? There are always exceptions to the rule/norm in every realm of life however, one does not base a premise upon exceptions but rather the norm. It defies the rules of logic. We have an active forum of sailors here on CF and have four women: (Zeehag, Ann Cate, Sailor Chic and Seaworthy Lass) who are regular contributors. Are they the exception or the norm? Their numbers speak for themselves. And, although Van Der Beek's comments may be uncomfortable for some, they speak the practical wisdom of life unclouded by socio/psychological babble that seeks to contravene biology and human evolution. There is a difference between sociology and biology. The former is a social science, the later hard science. It is what it is. Good luck and safe sailing.
Old 21-01-2017, 16:38   #120
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

I don't think boat type is as important as people try to make it
Buy this book and read it. Buy it on Amazon or elsewhere
http://www.audible.com/pd/Self-Devel...ook/B00CIE9I1I
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game