Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2024, 15:14   #31
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: How to protect against theft of items from boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss View Post
Yea, I remember that now, I mean, really, it’s been nothing but trouble, leaks, leaks and more leaks. I’ve a good mind to give it back.

Next time , please do the decent thing and keep it in top condition!
I have no idea what you are talking about
Old 08-07-2024, 16:32   #32

Re: How to protect against theft of items from boat?

Contractors, mostly contractors and the occasional broker, once the broker himself but on other occasions the potential buyer was given free range on the boat by the broker. Boat carers are also worth a mention, often they’re just casual boatyard workers, here today, gone tomorrow with your Steiners.
I worked on a lot of boats where other contractors ( painters and woodworkers) were employed and noticed things going missing so I found a place in Singapore (King island electronics) that sells spy cameras. 3 of these on any boat that I was repowering gave me a 24 hour record of everything that happened aboard. Smaller than dashcams by a factor of 6. Never trust anyone given access to your boat and even if they don’t have a key, I caught images of guys opening those west marine bronze padlocks like safe crackers.
A few secret cameras is good insurance and after the word spreads that a thief got caught because of a hidden camera the theft decreases amongst those who have access.
skipperpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, rot