Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2019, 16:00   #1

Boat: Farr 50 Pilothouse
Info or Opinions on Scandi Yachts?

Hi guys, has anyone heard of or have any experience with Scandi Yachts? From the little I can find about it, it's a Finnish shipwright that's been around for about 40 years. They have a very basic website that I've used google translate on.

What type of reputation does it have? Do they make solid boats? How does it compare to the Swedish Water boats">blue water boats?

Thanks!
Muaddib1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 23:53   #2

Boat: Nautor's Swan 431
Re: Info or Opinions on Scandi Yachts?

Hi, even though I am a finnish sailor I must confess, I did not immediately recognize Scandi yachts - the company or its products. These boats are very rarely seen in the boat shows or at the used market.

The company has a good history and is located in an area where well known hight end manufacturers like Nautor or Baltic have been for ever. It may be that in the squeeze of these two big ones, a small quality Yard is forced to make at least as good a quality product as its neighbors do.

According to public finance data, the company has annual net sales of approximately EUR 0.5 million and a profit of approximately EUR 0.02 million. The company has no outstanding tax liabilities.

Hopo this helps!
ihe2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yacht