Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2020, 15:22   #46

Boat: Catalina Capri 22
Re: Leaving dinghy on mooring for weeks at a time...

If possible, I'd build a smallish (8'x8') swim float to keep at the mooring. I'd chain it to the same mooring anchor that your ball is on with it's own swivel. Pull the dink up on it when you're gone. Then you could flip it over and tie it down to keep the seagull exhaust problems to a minimum. FWIW, loading your passengers and gear from a dock is WAAAY better than lugging it all out in a dinghy.
Rightbrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2020, 20:40   #47

Boat: Gulf 32
Re: Leaving dinghy on mooring for weeks at a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightbrainer View Post
If possible, I'd build a smallish (8'x8') swim float to keep at the mooring. I'd chain it to the same mooring anchor that your ball is on with it's own swivel. Pull the dink up on it when you're gone. Then you could flip it over and tie it down to keep the seagull exhaust problems to a minimum. FWIW, loading your passengers and gear from a dock is WAAAY better than lugging it all out in a dinghy.

Thanks... I think long term the idea of having a float attached to the ball has a lot of merit, I've seen it a few places in the Gulf Islands and it looks pretty sweet... easy on and off with the dog and other bulky things, then easy into dinghy...

Tags
dinghy, mooring