Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 09:20   #1

marina fees on ST BARTH for a 45ft cat?

hello everyone
we'll be sailig to st barth in the spring with some friends, anyone knows what the marina fees are in st barth these days? also mooring fees if further away from Gustavia?
we have a 45ft long cat, hélia 44 from fountaine pajot
thanks guys !
alexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:11   #2

Boat: Jeanneau 57
Re: marina fees on ST BARTH for a 45ft cat?

There is no real marina in Gustavia, just med-moor to the dock. If there are a lot of megayachts at the docks boats from mere mortals med-moor on the far side of Gustavia, underneath the old Fort, and it is a bit of a walk into the area with the stores and restaurants. While picturesque, Gustavia occasionally suffers from significant swell, making docking uncomfortable.
Outside of Gustavia are two anchoring fields. The one to the south of the channel has some private moorings but anchoring is easy in 20-30 feet and excellent holding and visibility (there are turtles swimming around this anchorage!). I haven't anchored on the shore side apart from a quick one to clear in St. Barths, but that was also in 20 feet on good sand. Both of these anchorages can also get a bit rolly when the swell is up.
I personally prefer to anchor or take a (free) park mooring in Anse Colombier. While there is nothing ashore in this pretty anchorage it is one of my favorites. You need to use a mooring ball unless they are all taken, in which case anchoring is allowed (again, in 10-20 feet of excellent holding) between and outside of the 2 mooring ball areas. Getting into town isn't easy on foot, there is a path around the north side of the island and at the end of that you can catch a cab, or if your dinghy is a good one, you can dinghy into Gustavia. I have gone through the shallow cut, but only during the day, since the water gets shallow enough to take off the dinghy prop if one is not careful.
I remember asking the prices last year and they weren't outrageous, but I can't recall the exact pricing. I've just surfed the French pages I could find and I know what water costs per liter, but couldn't find a price list on the internet.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:37   #3
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: marina fees on ST BARTH for a 45ft cat?

As above... anchored by the shore side moorings and used to dinghy ashore... the docks were packed solid.
I also prefer Anse.. its a fun dingy ride round to Gustavia.
A very unique Caribbean island..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:37   #4

thanks brother, i really appreciate it !!
alexxx
Old 06-01-2014, 11:13   #5
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

For New Years Eve I was anchored near Les Gros Islets 17°54.015'N 062°51.509'W and the cost for a 39 foot boat is €7.90, about $10.
The dinghy ride in and the dingy dock outside the Captainaria are fine.
The snorkeling around the outside of Les Gros Islets is superb! Realy quite excelent canyons on the seaward side.

The cheap bar is called "Cheese Burger in Paradise" right in the centre of town and beer is €3.50 where they can be €7.50 in some of the other places. The supermarket on the waterfront is great and inexpensive. Bottles oF GOOD French red wine for €2.90 is cheaper than St Martin!

Car rental was €70 for the day and well worth it as theres no bus system and the taxis think you are mega yacht owners.

Free wifi from the Captainairia if you stand out side and look like a bollard.

St Barts is great!

The mini skirts on the girls on NYE sent my blood pressure up... And the non visitors are ALL beautiful, slim and wonderfully dressed. I dunno how they do it whilst stuffing their faces with French patisseries.

Isle Fourchu and Columbier are free to moor or anchor but for 7 days only. Fourchu is unmissable.

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:36   #6

thanks MarcJ ! it's still as good and cheap as i hoped!!
great stuff

Tags
fees