Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2022, 12:52   #16

Re: Marina Trash (people)

I guess that moron in #1 thinks everyone wearing a mask is out to rob him. He must be very paranoid. Do him a favor and notify him that there is a COVID epidemic and many people are wearing masks these days, not just to rob him.

Sheesh!
Old 23-02-2022, 13:43   #17

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
What brand of motorcycle is it?
Ha ha ha ha!! That’s a good one.

Probably does deserve a peeing on.
Old 23-02-2022, 13:44   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullshooter View Post
I guess that moron in #1 thinks everyone wearing a mask is out to rob him. He must be very paranoid. Do him a favor and notify him that there is a COVID epidemic and many people are wearing masks these days, not just to rob him.

Sheesh!
That’s exactly what he was getting at. He is one of those anti-mask type people. But doesn’t know how to distinguish between someone wearing a mask because they can’t breathe and somebody wearing a mask because they’re afraid of catching Covid outdoors. So he was laying into me and making fun of me and stuff. That was a sarcastic remark he was making.

He was offended that I was wearing a mask outside.
Old 23-02-2022, 15:09   #19

Boat: CS27, C&C25 half a lifetime ago

That is why I belong to a private yacht club.
Old 23-02-2022, 15:12   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
That’s exactly what he was getting at. He is one of those anti-mask type people. But doesn’t know how to distinguish between someone wearing a mask because they can’t breathe and somebody wearing a mask because they’re afraid of catching Covid outdoors. So he was laying into me and making fun of me and stuff. That was a sarcastic remark he was making.

He was offended that I was wearing a mask outside.
People who are offended about mask wearing make me want to wear a mask more/longer just on principle. It’s my face, I can cover it if I want to.
Old 23-02-2022, 15:34   #21

Years back in NY about twice a summer I noticed a lot of folks got real nasty. I then noticed that it was all the stoners.

It wasnt just me that noticed it either. I eventually just put it down to bad batches of weed. Stoners are pretty much real mild most of the time.

Perhaps there's a link there to be seen?

I have nothing against stoners, just like I have nothing against anyone who wants to wear a mask...whatever.
Old 23-02-2022, 15:44   #22
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Moderator comment.

Six posts were recently deleted for political discussion not relevant to the thread topic. Please refrain from making political comment unless directly related to the forum.

The relevant rule is -

Quote:
Discussions about politics, weaponry and religion are permitted only in association with the topic of this forum and will be closed or removed if they become disruptive.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 23-02-2022, 15:45   #23

Boat: Shannon 50 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateFoxy View Post
People who are offended about mask wearing make me want to wear a mask more/longer just on principle. It’s my face, I can cover it if I want to.
Except they're not REALLY offended, they just pretend to be offended.

Where I live, none of this. Everyone is as friendly now as 2 years ago. Marina staff and other boaters included. I think it's just more "chill" here.
Old 23-02-2022, 16:05   #24

Your examples are just rude. I came down to the marina one day to find my brand-new spring lines missing. We were on an end-tie, and without the springs our bow or stern could drift into the fairway ahead/astern. Nonetheless, some marina cretin thought it more important that they get a new set of lines for free than worry about the boat they were holding in place. And this was something like 15 years ago, so maybe some things never change?
Old 23-02-2022, 17:03   #25

Boat: Baba 35

The state of the marina bathroom where I liveaboard has declined rapidly in the past two years. Might just be this one old man that moved aboard his Tayana 42, though. I'm not sure.

Old 23-02-2022, 18:01   #26

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

Those who’s dogs crap on the walkway between their boat and the relief area and don’t pick it up. They are my nemesis.

Then there are the 2am transient very drunk rap lovers. They get to enjoy full volume Orffs Carmin burana at 8am.

The punk kids who drop cans overboard while anchored in 2’ of water and watch them float away. Oddly enough they often get a random BWI Check.

The man buns who decided to paint their hull with a power sprayer and painted the boat next to them, that was a doozie. I told they were blessed that the cops were already there. Never saw them again.

I’m in FL now and it’s definitely a different breed of mixed boaters. Junk boats barely floating, warning messages taped on boats by the marina, etc. I’d say the neglected boats run 80% as opposed to 20% in my home port.

And at least at home on Lake Ontario there is zero correlation between political inclination and marina trash. Perhaps in the parking lot manners, but not on the docks.
Old 24-02-2022, 02:56   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
My mother takes her dogs to training,so they can get "socialized" ie sit,walk,stay and not bite other dogs......... sounds like humans being stuck in kennels for 2 years could do with some of the same.
Heyyy!

Just thought of a great idea for flyingnut40 to fund his cruising (sorry was just reading his cruising budget, does-he-have-to-become-a-you-tuber thread). He can open a human (re)socializing school! Go from marina to marina smartening-up the great unwashed.

Now to be somewhat serious, yes, I've noticed a general trend, too, seems to be (as other's have said above) Covid and all-self, all-the-time creating rusty and/or absent civility.

PLUS we mustn't forget all of these people who are new to boating and just plain oblivious. Such as the guy peeing on your shore power cord. Does he have any idea how much those things cost? (No.) Does he know what it does? (No.) Does he even know that there are washrooms at the marina that he can use?

If it were me, I would have marched straight to the marina office after that interaction and gotten the marina manager down to your "friend's" boat and asked that guest to leave. Or stop peeing on other people's marine equipment! Perhaps also informing them that there are marina bathrooms - and suggest that he and his guests use them. Also something similar with woman with lab - if the marina says leash your dog, report her every time she's not leashing her dog and request that her marina privileges be revoked if she's not - and also the dog peeing on your motorcycle! Sheesh, I SO agree with PirateFoxy. Common civility!

Finally, the guy re the mask. I don't know how you responded, but you had the winning hand there. I'll bet he thought he was commenting on the political, but if you walked over and let him know that you have severe respiratory issues and unfortunately, it's the only way you can breathe... maybe, just maybe, it would have embarassed him into an apology. Who knows, though. Insensitive, self-righteous boobs are everywhere and as you've noticed, they're infiltrating our cruising world - which is unsettling.

I guess what I'm saying is it means that, for those of us who have been in this world longer, we may need to switch into "educational" mode in some of these types of circumstances. (And in others, get marina management to enforce marina rules or revoke their lease.)

Sorry this happened, Chotu. You've had enough to put up with lately!
LittleWing77
Old 24-02-2022, 02:56   #28

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 32

Quote:
Lol, at least you can now ! Remember it wasn't that long ago when someone walking into a store or bank with a mask on was there for only one thing....to rob it !!

Old 24-02-2022, 03:14   #29
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Why would you let your dog pee on someone’s motorcycle? That’s just weird. “Don’t pee on people’s stuff” is a pretty normal standard to enforce.

A few years ago I had someone let their dog (on a lead) pee on my daughters pram (whilst she was in it) - They took major affront when I picked them up on it and asked them to clean it up - I got told to F Off by a middle aged woman!
Old 24-02-2022, 03:33   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
A few years ago I had someone let their dog (on a lead) pee on my daughters pram (whilst she was in it) - They took major affront when I picked them up on it and asked them to clean it up - I got told to F Off by a middle aged woman!
This is PRECISELY what happened. Only it was not as bad because it’s only a motorcycle.
Closed Thread