Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-07-2020, 08:55   #181

Boat: Globe, cutter/ketch,38
Re: More "cruisers" violate borders and more on S/V Zatara

Quote:
Originally Posted by piara108 View Post
I think the point that NorthernMac was making is that the US does stuff like all the time and some people cheer for border enforcement. But when other countries do it these same people scream and yell about their rights. Simply, if they are worrying about their borders in the US, they should respect the border politics of other countries as well.
Yeah, but you have to remember that it is what I want, when I want, and how I want. One set of rules for me and another for evryone else!!
Old 17-07-2020, 09:25   #182

Boat: Privilege 482

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
At the time of this post there would appear to be at least four 'pleasure vessels' flying code flag 'Lima' and at quarantine anchorage off Denarau and as yet unable to come alongside....

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/dat..._port_in=23192
Just FYI, that’s THE anchorage for Denerau, not necessarily the quarantine anchorage. Plenty of boats anchor there (as did we) if they don’t want to pay for for a mooring just off the docks. So just because a boat is there, it doesn’t mean they are quarantined.
Old 17-07-2020, 10:20   #183

Boat: HR 40
Send a message via Skype™ to Auspicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
So now we know the Whitakers think it is okay to post lies on their blog.
"Auspicious, Auspicious this is Zatara on 13."
"Zatara Auspicious on 13"
"Do you have any Grey Poupon?"
"No mustard for you. Auspicious one-three one-six."
Auspicious is offline   Reply
Old 17-07-2020, 10:31   #184

Boat: 2004 Hunter, 36'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery 15797 View Post
Here is Zatara's track on PredictWind

If you could access the Tongan news site, or the government's statement you would see there is some inconsistency with Zatara's accounts.

Even on his predict wind page he posted the following statement on July 2.

I don't know him personally so I can't speak to his character. I condemn his arrogant narcissistic behavior. I do not care about his nationality or that he is a Youtube busker. And, this has nothing to do with "fear based thinking," or herd mentality, or concern about spreading the virus. It has everything to do with respect for island nations in the Pacific and their laws and peoples.

I do agree with Ann...he is a youtube busker looking to carve his own path for self-promotion and trying to keep his coffer filled...I think it's that simple.
ZATARA doesn't need YOUTUBE to keep his coffer filled. Keith is a millionaire and his YOUTUBE channel doesn't promote or solicit $$$. His children sell merchandise to make spending $$$. Give the facts not hyperbole.
Rasselas36 is offline   Reply
Old 17-07-2020, 10:36   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasselas36 View Post
ZATARA doesn't need YOUTUBE to keep his coffer filled. Keith is a millionaire and his YOUTUBE channel doesn't promote or solicit $$$. His children sell merchandise to make spending $$$. Give the facts not hyperbole.

Not sure what channel you saw but the small amount I saw contained them selling swag, linking some amazon pages they get kick-backs from, outright product promotion and a request to "buy a ticket" for their show.

Those are the facts. Have a brief look at their website.

Not sure where you got your information from.
NaClyDog is offline   Reply
Old 17-07-2020, 10:40   #186

Boat: Morgan Classic 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaClyDog View Post
Not sure what channel you saw but the small amount I saw contained them selling swag, linking some amazon pages they get kick-backs from, outright product promotion and a request to "buy a ticket" for their show.

Those are the facts. Have a brief look at their website.

Not sure where you got your information from.

From the description of their latest video

"***WANT TO SUPPORT THE Z-CREW?***

—BUY A TICKET TO THE SHOW!
What the heck are we talking about? Click here: https://sailingzatara.com/tickets

---BUY SOME SWAG! Go to our website: https://sailingzatara.com/merch and show your love of the z-crew by sporting a super soft t-shirt; help us get these kids off the boat and on to college!

---BUY OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS & GEAR!
https://sailingzatara.com/gear
Check out all the camera gear we use, find our favorite scuba equipment, grab a pair of Keith’s Ray-Bans…and much more! We’ve teamed up with Amazon to provide you exactly what you’re looking for in one easy to navigate page: www.sailingzatara.com/gear

Happy Sailing!
Renee & the Z-Crew"
jimbunyard is offline   Reply
Old 17-07-2020, 11:16   #187

Boat: Rafiki 37

Wow I am shocked that the millionaire, on a boat model called 'privilege' who publically complains about virus precautions of the country where he is sheltering and other countries border controls is actually a bit of a tool.

Shocked, shocked I tells ya
Old 17-07-2020, 11:31   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by alctel View Post
Wow I am shocked that the millionaire, on a boat model called 'privilege' who publically complains about virus precautions of the country where he is sheltering and other countries border controls is actually a bit of a tool.

Shocked, shocked I tells ya

The other thing is, I think you forgot the quotes around "millionaire". Because, you know if you read it on the internets it is true.
Old 17-07-2020, 12:26   #189

PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT S/V ZATARA HAS TO DO WITH THIS INCIDENT?? They are NOT named in the article!!
The news article says: "It is alleged that the three defendants, two from Great Britain and one from the United States of America illegally entered into Solomon Islands waters on the yacht Mo Chuisle and dropped anchor at the Mbokona Bay (Aola Base) at Point Cruz in Honiara. They went ashore into the Point Cruz Yacht club without proper checking by responsible authorities under the current COVID-19 State of Public Emergency regulations.

Police, Customs and the Ministry of Health and Medical Services were alerted of the situation and the three defendants were placed into quarantine at the Honiara Hotel quarantine site.
RnJBSailing is offline   Reply
Old 17-07-2020, 12:28   #190

Boat: Catalina Morgan 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasselas36 View Post
Yes...so I've been told already.

So, if he isn't doing this for a bit of coin to add to his bucket....then he must be doing this out of pure NARCISSISM! That makes it so much better.

ROFLMAO!

This thread went sideways when arm-chair sailors and youtube fan-boys jumped in to defend the inappropriate actions of a googan on a sailboat.

Unfortunately, he was not alone. As stated previously there was the Arka Kinari who anchored at an atoll in the Marshalls and was immediately expelled and denied entrance into Majuro and FSM. I wish them speedy travels on their circumnavigation. Their departure from the Pacific and SE Asia will be quite welcomed.
Old 17-07-2020, 12:32   #191

Boat: Catalina Morgan 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnJBSailing View Post
PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT S/V ZATARA HAS TO DO WITH THIS INCIDENT?? They are NOT named in the article!!
The news article says: "It is alleged that the three defendants, two from Great Britain and one from the United States of America illegally entered into Solomon Islands waters on the yacht Mo Chuisle and dropped anchor at the Mbokona Bay (Aola Base) at Point Cruz in Honiara. They went ashore into the Point Cruz Yacht club without proper checking by responsible authorities under the current COVID-19 State of Public Emergency regulations.

Police, Customs and the Ministry of Health and Medical Services were alerted of the situation and the three defendants were placed into quarantine at the Honiara Hotel quarantine site.
Sometimes things get muddled when you jump into the middle of a conversation.

But, an internet forum makes it easy because you can actually go back and start with the OP and read all the previous comments to catch up.
Old 17-07-2020, 12:38   #192

Boat: 47' Olympic Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnJBSailing View Post
PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT S/V ZATARA HAS TO DO WITH THIS INCIDENT?? They are NOT named in the article!!.
Please don't YELL! The article is seven sentences long - Zatara is the last two sentences. You're welcome.
Lodesman is offline   Reply
Old 17-07-2020, 12:52   #193

Boat: Amazon 49 cutter, custom steel boat built in Surrey, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp View Post
It's always the Texans...
Let's not beat up on all Texans. Not all of us exhibit the behavior on display on Zatara.

Cheers!

Steve
(Left Texas in 2015)
steve77 is offline   Reply
Old 17-07-2020, 13:29   #194

I can't believe the tone of cruisers on this page and comments on Sailing Zatara.
They legally left New Zealand with their health certificates.
They'll be in isolation for more than 2 weeks on their passage north.
They can easily self-isolate for way in excess of 2 weeks before going ashore.
I don't think they would go ashore anywhere without following proper protocol and procedures.
Where does all this animosity and new-age wowserism come from??
I don't see any evidence that they are behaving irresponsibly, I can't agree with some of the comments posted here.
PeroniPete is offline   Reply
Old 17-07-2020, 13:36   #195

@PeroniPete, have a look at the requirements for what is required before you can leave your destination and head to Fiji. That should answer your question(s).

Cheers.
Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruiser