Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-10-2013, 17:27   #331

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Well...I could show more but the mods might not like it...and not to mention the prudes.
Yeah...it's that community standard thing
Old 16-10-2013, 17:29   #332

Re: Naked sailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
When naked, what does a fox say?

Hard to believe naked can result in so much uptightness!
u must remember that most have been brought up in an era in which it was wrong to show a man and woman in bed together sleeping and nudity was a terrible thing. I'm happy to see things a bit more open now but still feel if anything should be censored it should be violence not things like nudity. My tv must have 100 stations most of which have sales, sports, violence, murder, like a training ground for would be thugs but very little nudity especially the male parts. Nudity is a natural state and should be treated as such
bfloyd4445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 17:52   #333

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Yeah...it's that community standard thing
Nothing wrong with that...Like we say the right thing in the right place...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kim 10-13 010.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	68827  
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 18:14   #334

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

Yall mean to say theres PRUDES on here?? I would never have thunk it !!
Old 16-10-2013, 21:19   #335

Boat: Oyster 45

Quote:
Well....How fitting...my "special friend" and I were out sailing today, on the bay, when all at once she was taken back by the thought of fulfilling a fantasy she has had for some time. Now I warn you...the picture below is graphic. So those who are offended...don't look. Those that are not...I have more and better ones...
I believe that the old tradition of having a female figurehead bearing her breasts was there as they were supposed to calm the seas.
Did it work?
Old 17-10-2013, 00:07   #336

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35
Quote:
Nothing wrong with that...Like we say the right thing in the right place...
I'm confused, the woman has clothes on. Is this about nudity or sexuality, which I thought were two different things.
Old 17-10-2013, 07:15   #337

I admire folks who can get away with it.

I, however, would no longer subject anyone to "me" without my clothes on. (I used to be able to get away with it, but that was back in 1986!)
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Stu Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 08:46   #338

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrodamus View Post
I believe that the old tradition of having a female figurehead bearing her breasts was there as they were supposed to calm the seas.
Did it work?
The seas were very calm to begin with...However it did attract the "Naval Security boat a number of times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
I'm confused, the woman has clothes on. Is this about nudity or sexuality, which I thought were two different things.
According to some...the same thing...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 11:47   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
they are two completely different things
Old 17-10-2013, 11:58   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Jackson View Post
I admire folks who can get away with it.

I, however, would no longer subject anyone to "me" without my clothes on. (I used to be able to get away with it, but that was back in 1986!)
I was that way but not anymore. When your around people of all ages that aren't into clothes you soon think nothing of it and that's the way it should be. On my farm I seldom wear anything except when I have gotten to much sun or in the winter. One day when I was cutting the lawn, dressed by the way, this pretty young lady came walking up and introduced herself as my neighbors relation. She then asked me if I wanted to go down to the creek and go skinny dipping because she had to set up the irrigation pump. I declined the invitation and later asked my neighbor about this girl. Turns out the girl, according to my neighbor, was a 24 year old boy converted to a girl that was very proud of her new body and knowing I don't do clothes much saw an opportunity to show it off. This person is also brilliant and is an anesthesiologist. Who would ever think that this kind of thing would happen at a backwoods Oregon farm with only four neighbors in the whole valley.
Nudity is normal hiding behind fancy clothes in disguise is abnormal
Old 17-10-2013, 12:46   #341

Quote:
Why when someone's opinion is different from your own do they have to be a religious nut, have a problem, be taught wrong by their parents or be wrong.

Why can't the just have a different view?
I think the folks in the boat next to you would agree.
Brainburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 12:52   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
no, i am autistic, and feel little to no empathy. thou i could be technically correct about religious studies, i would not have the ability to hold the widows hand as she dies, without checking my watch and tapping my foot. plus i think i would be a bit dry, and mostly incomprehensible.
Wait...what?!?
For God's sake man. (<--see what I did there?) All religions are valued by those that believe in them.
Are you serious or have I been hooked by a troller? Surely you can't be so close minded and travel abroad. Can you?
Old 17-10-2013, 13:16   #343

Quote:
I don't know why but this seems to come to mind when reading the threads on here...

A woman was standing in a supermarket queue talking on her cellphone. She wasn't speaking English. When she had finished than man in front of her rudely told her that she should speak English. "Pardon me?" said the lady. Very slowly the man says "this is America, here we speak English, if you want to speak Mexican go back to Mexico". The lady replied, "I was speaking Navajo, if you want to speak English go back to England".
It occured to me after reading your first post.

Please, please, please tell me you aren't American. I have a hard enough time dispelling impressions and attitudes in other countries as it is.

Am I missing something or is cruising still about freedom? Freedom to enjoy or the freedom to change locations is what drew me to the lifestyle. I am also curious as to who enjoyed the anchorage more. Your boat or theirs?

FYI I plan on my wife and I sailing nekked [sic] as much as we can.

PS that is a tired analogy that got old about 20 years ago. Just an FYI.
Old 17-10-2013, 13:21   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcobra View Post
You can be nude if you want but don't get bent when I pull out the binocs to gaze at your wife.
LOL as long as you dont get offended when I stand in front of her and "wave" to you.
Old 17-10-2013, 13:32   #345

Quote:
I will just accept that I am a religious nut, mad or brought up wrong. I don't need to argue the point. My wife felt so uncomfortable she would not come on deck. This has never happened before and that is good enough for me.
In light of your other/latter post I agree with you. You certainly did the right thing. I think if this had been mentioned priorr this thread would have taken a decidedly different direction.

I stand/sit corrected.

Tags
sail, sailing