Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 09:37   #91
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: Naked sailing!

one of my better friends was a nudist--even when i was visiting--i did get him to compromise in that when i was a guest, he would don a thong. is ok i dont have to see in my peripheral vision the antics of jolly roger. doesnt mean i am a prude..is merely respect...i leave, he tossed it under the cushion...lol
i care not if i am seen or not if and when i choose to appear sans clothing on deck, but i have no opinion what you do on your boat. how ever, when the princess visits, it is proper to wear somehting. onboard, a thong will do nicely, or a washcloth or a loincloth...
to the guys who think it is stimulating to us as wimminfolk to see your treasures in the sun, fuggeddaboudid, mon..my living was spent washing thousands just exactly like yours. taint no big thang, mon......quit posing.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:38   #92
CLOD

Boat: none

Isn't the point of travelling by boat that if you don't like a place or your neighbors you can just move/leave?
Old 08-10-2013, 09:50   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
Isn't the point of travelling by boat that if you don't like a place or your neighbors you can just move/leave?
What a crazy idea!
MBLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:52   #94

Boat: too many

You tell 'em Zee. I'm surprised this thread has so much traction. Like I said in an earlier post "...when in Rome". In Mexico the locals are offended by nudity, so I choose not to offend if anchored close to shore that they use for swimming. Back then most of us showered on deck or the cockpit and no one gave it a second thought. As to kids, well we all know they get their prejudices from their parents. When I was anchored in Santispac a Dutch family anchored near me and the 3 kids never wore a stitch of clothes. Turns out family chores included each child had to hand wash their own clothes.
deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:08   #95

Boat: bavaria, 49 ft. sailboat

The guys a whack job. All he has to do is look in a different direction and he won't see anything objectionable to him. I know when we are out my husband will never wear clothes and I won't often -- saves on laundry.
In Training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:31   #96

Boat: S2 11.0A 36'
I'm one of those covered types not for moral but health reasons. For those of you that do spend a lot of time in the sun may I ask what you use for sunscreen if any?
SC
sailcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:55   #97

Boat: 1969 Morgan 28, Stiletto 27

While I am not "churchy", I think that the bible's book of proverbs is a time refined collection of human wisdom. It says:

If your eye offend thee, pluck it out.

I take that to say pull it away from the naked anchorman, and look elsewhere.

It doesn't mention plucking out any part of your neighbor's anatomy.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:05   #98

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailcruiser View Post
I'm one of those covered types not for moral but health reasons. For those of you that do spend a lot of time in the sun may I ask what you use for sunscreen if any?
SC
Factor 50 (used for infants).

I am under the shade of the boom tent most of the day, so clothes are unnecessary then, but when sailing or walking in summer I am plastered in Factor 50 sunblock AND reasonably covered up.

The upside is that sunlight (specifically UV-B) boosts vitamin D levels. The level of production is regulated by a feedback mechanism, a huge bonus over ingesting the vitamin as it is toxic in higher levels. Not much sunlight is required for this, but in many areas worldwide office workers in winter suffer deficiencies. That's my excuse for giving up work and cruising naked most of the time and I'm sticking to it .

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:09   #99

Boat: Amel Super Maramu 53

I wear an apron when cooking bacon
mcerdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:19   #100

That was funny, get our own bacon cocked!
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:20   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcerdos View Post
I wear an apron when cooking bacon
^ sound advice.

When BBQing is also recommended.
MBLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:27   #102

Location: Northern British Columbia, part of the time in Prince Rupert and part of the time on Moresby Island.
Boat: 50-ft steel Ketch
Send a message via MSN to Astrid Send a message via Yahoo to Astrid

I am not offended by nudity, so it doesn't really matter to me if someone shows up and wants to go sans clothing; if the weather is nice I will often go topless up on deck when going about my chores, and often nude or with a loincloth when below deck. For me it simply depends on the weather and comfort factor.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:48   #103
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
I am not offended by nudity, so it doesn't really matter to me if someone shows up and wants to go sans clothing; if the weather is nice I will often go topless up on deck when going about my chores, and often nude or with a loincloth when below deck. For me it simply depends on the weather and comfort factor.
can you come and cook for me on my next delivery......it will be warm i promise
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:23   #104

Boat: 1969 Morgan 28, Stiletto 27

Nudity can be dangerous.

During the Mariel boat lift, my friend Sharon and I were headed for Dry Tortugas from Key West on a 16' Compac and had made it as far as Boca Grande.

Almost every helicopter that was out looking for Marielitos flew by to check us out, and when they saw lovely Sharon's bare buns, had to drop in closer for a better look. Some got so close they about knocked us down with their rotor downwash.

One fellow with binoculars tried to visit. He leaned out so far that he started to fall, but a hand from behind grabbed him and kept him in the chopper.

Like I said, nudity can be dangerous.
Old 08-10-2013, 15:13   #105
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestathook View Post
Nudity can be dangerous.

During the Mariel boat lift, my friend Sharon and I were headed for Dry Tortugas from Key West on a 16' Compac and had made it as far as Boca Grande.

Almost every helicopter that was out looking for Marielitos flew by to check us out, and when they saw lovely Sharon's bare buns, had to drop in closer for a better look. Some got so close they about knocked us down with their rotor downwash.

One fellow with binoculars tried to visit. He leaned out so far that he started to fall, but a hand from behind grabbed him and kept him in the chopper.

Like I said, nudity can be dangerous.
I sit hear and laugh to my self (naked) at my nav table reading this thread.

I have grown to be happy with naked but not always.

First major encounter a couple in st martin, they showered nude in there cockpit every sun down, first reaction was you shouldn't do that and looked away, second reaction that looks good I'm watching, third reaction, why can't I do that, I would like to shower without bathers?

why did I have to hide when showering on deck????

But I'm now in tonga and they do not want me walking around with no shirt so I'm happy to keep them happy, but when away from town it's back to nature!

I still laugh at an experience after my freedom was discovered, I was anchored in Dominica stern tied to shore showering naked and I looked up there was an old lady looking at me through binoculars, is it that small I thought????????
gunnado is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, sailing