Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2016, 23:36   #376

Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

You behave as if reasoned debate allows any assertion no matter how wildly untrue.

You accuse me of hate while expressing the most vicious and hateful opinions about unknown strangers.

You accuse me of bigotry for assuming that your pseudo-scientific nonsense is religiously motivated.
Presumably you would claim pure coincidence explains the fact that you and the religious right espouse exactly the same despicable views.

You completely ignore the evidence proving your assertions to be false while providing not a jot of evidence in support any of the views you purport to hold - when in difficulty you claim that winning bets was your goal. For a joke.
Truly and abysmally pathetic.

I do lose my good humour in the face of ignorant neo-fascist ranting by idiots claiming the support of Science. With a capital S. Jeezus.
I call ******** - to use your expression - you do not possess the logical discrimination that is required for scientific rigour therefore you are not a scientist.

You parrot words you've gleaned from the comments of others, presumably because you think they make you seem intelligent.

Thoughts express intellect. Words show foolishness just as clearly as they do genius.

Arguments are not won by irritating others with such infantile posturing.
Intelligent people just move on.
I won't see your apology.
Now I go to learn how to block another member's posts.
Old 08-05-2016, 23:44   #377

Can't blame all about this. You can find something better than this to deal with
Old 09-05-2016, 02:57   #378

Boat: Landlocked right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
The only "win" here my friend seems to be the ugly hate a good humored joking-around thread seemed to bring out of you with your religious bigotry on display for all to see. For that, I am truly sorry for you. Win...no, it seems to be a big loss for civility and the Cruisers Forum family
Wow. Coming from you this is an unbelievable audacity. Did you ever look at your own conduct here in any thread you are contributing your dross? I guess it comes as a complete surprise to you that anyone could think low of you and I bet you can't find any fault in your own demeanour.

You act like you are gods gift to humanity not realising that you embarrass yourself with every word you type.

You are truly unbelievable. I give you that.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:14   #379
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

And there you have it..
After 378 posts by a community of people with a Common Interest we have managed to create confusion, chaos, infighting and animosity with absolutely no progress on the original question.. which seems totally forgotten
Sounds pretty much like the European Union to me...

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 09-05-2016, 04:34   #380

Boat: Watkins 29

Quote:
A perplexing problem for the left will be if testing for a "gay gene" is found.
Will they be in favor of mothers making their choice to have an abortion for their child with the "gay gene"?

Hey we about covered everything else in this thread, we might as well throw this paradox into the mix.

To be pro-choice...does it extend to aborting a fetus because it will be LBGTPQ? I'm going to self identify as a mother today and see if I can get a mothers day discount at IHop on a Rudy-Tuti-Fresh and Fruity breakfast....wish me luck..
No there is no gay gene... but there are confirmed changes to the fetus resulting from affects of testosterone levels in the mothers blood. Brain chemistry is definitely different in gay people.. thats a fact.. not rumor or unfounded fear or Religious view.

Now, one cannot control the way ones brain develops.. no more so than they can control the color of their eyes.

We can continue to be hateful and non inclusive or we can simply accept people that are different. Some are fat, some are thin, some blonde, some brunette and God forbid, some even have red hair.

We have a choice as a society. While the thought may not be appealing to all, its just the right thing to do. AND for those of us who follow his teachings, is something that Jesus would have asked us to do.

We are all Gods Children. Not some more than others.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:43   #381

Quote:
Hey Stu...
Lets dig into this myth a little bit.
How exactly did BushCo Steal the election.
Now I hated the bozo, but my not liking him doesn't mean I get to rewrite history. He won the State of Florida and the EC despite losing the popular vote. Not sure how you call that stealing anything?

Help me out here.
Kathryn Harris, and the early cases of FL voter suppression. You know, to combat that voter fraud --- another myth.

Also that pesky Scalia court reared its ugly head for the first time, precursors to Citizens United and other wonderful concepts.
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Old 09-05-2016, 06:22   #382

Boat: a sailing boat

Does history repeat? Yes.

Should we be scared. Yes.

But we won't. We will glide on in bliss towards another big pop.

BTW, on the lighter vane:

We talk about property or commodities bubble.

We never discuss boats glut.

Just look around.

Marinas are full up. Nobody sails.

Boat bubble?

b.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:25   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
We talk about property or commodities bubble.

Just look around.

Boat bubble?

b.
I will be in the market for a 50ft cat in 3-5 months. Unfortunately the prices are still up but the Aussi Dollar is on a trend downwards
Old 09-05-2016, 06:32   #384
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Since this thread has waffled all over the place, getting back to boating isn't bad.
Yes, there are boats all over the place, at least in Florida anyway, so there is an abundance, but there has been for years, which I believe among other things has hurt new boat sales.

What do you mean by "boat bubble" You mean a crash in prices, like what happened to houses? Maybe in new boats that have mortgages, but I doubt older paid for boats and I think that is a big difference, In ignorance I assume most of these older boats are paid for, they aren't?

Then the other thing that I really don't understand is this seemingly rather recent desire for Monstrous Cats, what would you do with a 50' Cat? Or maybe more to the point, is what drives someone to "need" a 50' Cat?
Old 09-05-2016, 06:35   #385
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Actually when I think about it, there was a "boat bubble" at the same time of the houses,
When I was boat shopping for the boat before the one I now have, I had a Broker tell me something interesting, he said that at most closings he was attending now, there were two checks written. One by the buyer, and the other by the seller to cover the rest of the loan as the sale price was less than what was owed.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:39   #386

Boat: Vivacity 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
Does history repeat? Yes.

Just look around.

Boat bubble?

b.
That's how it looks at least here in Spain. I'm following about half dozen boats in different websites, and most of them have had several price cuts in the last months. Same with moorings. You can rent a mooring in my local marina from a private owner (someone who has bought the slip) at 1/2 the official rates.

Anyway, my guess is that, at least in this town, owning a boat is more of a status symbol than for actually sailing her. Even in nice weather weekends there are no more than a handful boats (out of 1200) out in the water. A factor might be also that most of them are motor boats, significantly costlier in operation than sailboats.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:55   #387

Boat: 2018 Seadoo GTX 230

Sailboat operating cost vs powerboat operating costs are always a good topic for discussion. Remember powerboats do not have sails and all the hard to keep together rigging.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 09-05-2016, 07:26   #388

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
Then the other thing that I really don't understand is this seemingly rather recent desire for Monstrous Cats, what would you do with a 50' Cat? Or maybe more to the point, is what drives someone to "need" a 50' Cat?
A rather big family. We are 2 adults (my beautiful wife and I), 21 year old and 18 year old sons and a 15 year old daughter plus 3 more adult children with partner looking forward to join us now and then. We want to circumnavigate the planet. We have planned 5-7 years to do this. (And I snore )

Here is the range of boats on our list: Helia 44, Lagoon 450, Leopard 48, Lagoon 500 and Lagoon 52. Maybe other boats will be on the list later and the list will change completely. We are not in a hurry and are just kicking tires (fenders) right now.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:33   #389
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismenace111 View Post
We can continue to be hateful and non inclusive or we can simply accept people that are different. Some are fat, some are thin, some blonde, some brunette and God forbid, some even have red hair. .
You must have read a different post because I'm fully supportive of personal freedom, which includes LBGTPQ rights and have never posted anything to the contrary.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:40   #390
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
"boat bubble" ?
It depends on who you ask and how honest they are with their answer...marketing/hype or truth.

The high end boat and gear market, they can't build and ship it fast enough.
The middle end boat and gear market, is slowing down.
The low end boat and gear market has already entered recession territory.

I also break out Cruisers from Boaters they are two different buying sets.
For example sales boomed to record levels during the last 2006 crash and are spiking to new record levels now as the economy slows. My gut feeling I get from talking to cruisers making their final plans to cast off is that the poor economy has pushed up their time table. They were going to cast off in a few years, but they don't want to work and spin their wheels if they see the economy slowing. A poor economy doesn't really affect the number of "cruisers" but it does cut down on the Boaters, who are just buying a boat to use on weekends and as a Condo in the local Marina.
Closed Thread