Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-08-2007, 04:55   #1

Thumbs up Online Ship's Log I Created

Hi there, I am new to this board but I wanted to share this site I have been working on for a couple of months it is call MyShipLog (MyShipLog.com )it is a free online ship documentation system. I started out creating it to just track my own stuff and it just kinda grew as my ideas grew.

The site allows you to document your boat in different ways as there are five different log types. You can keep track of multiple boats at a time. You can also assign other MyShipLog members as crew so that they can contribute to your logs or they can assign you to theirs, and as an owner of a boat you can control what type of logs they can read from and write to. Another unique item is that if you ever sell the boat you can transfer all the logs to the new owner and keep an archived version of your logs for yourself.

It is still in a beta stage, so you may find a bug or two, but feel free to make an account and check it out. If you do find a bug or have a suggestion let me know. If you like the site and use it I would really appreciate you spreading the word to anyone you may think would find this useful.

Thank you
Chris Johnston

the site is at
MyShipLog.com
shiplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 22:51   #2

Boat: 1975 28' Marinette Express - Surface Interval
Where did Myshiplog go?

Site is down. Would like to know when it will be back up and running. I have many log entries and would like to be able to access them.
Thanks
DiverDennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 18:27   #3

Dear chris,
I am very interested in your concept of an on line log, but when I go to MyShipLog.com there is no way I can sign in, or find a template to use. Am I doing something wrong? gchester
gchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 18:47   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchester View Post
Dear chris,
I am very interested in your concept of an on line log, but when I go to MyShipLog.com there is no way I can sign in, or find a template to use. Am I doing something wrong? gchester
It looks like the domain points to a holding page rather than the log that you have used in the past
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
NYCSavage is offline   Reply With Quote