Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2024, 10:57   #1

Boat: 40 ft Van Dine Custom Gaffed rigged Schooner
Options for daysail charter insurance?

I’m finally going to act on my dream of running daysailing trips part time in retirement on my schooner. I have 40+ year’s experience sailing, but this will be my first use of my USCG Master 50 Ton w/sail endorsement in a boat in my own operation. I do have on my resume having delivered a 74 ft gaff rigged schooner from Alabama to Bar Harbor Maine in 2022. I also stayed up there and crewed and was First Mate on trips the rest of that season. This will however be my first operation like this in my own LLC and on my own vessel.
Could some of you reccommend a broker or agency I should contact to start getting this in place? Also any “words of wisdom” you folks that do or have done this type business want to share will be very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Rod Holland
Tatheelrod22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, insurance, sail