Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-04-2017, 00:01   #1

Boat: outremer
Poor experience w/ Blue Water Sailing magazine

Anyone have problems with this magazine? Issues arrive well into the following month for a particular month, and for instance, I haven't received March or April as if today. The customer service response was lacking too, with no explanation ("I do not know") provided and an offer to spend more money to get the online version. Lol.. worst company I've encountered in months.
svrecess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 11:12   #2

Re: Poor experience w/ Blue Water Sailing magazine

Yes, I cancelled my subscription last November and did not get refund yet. I am corresponding with customer service who are doing their job but the publisher did not send me a check yet. I cancelled because e-book edition is on time so I wanted switched to e-edition. It's too bad that magazine itself is very good.
cpt_757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 17:26   #3

Boat: 1998 Hunter 410 (now), 1981 Bayfield 32c (old)

I get the issues off with Zinnio. Less paper is always a good thing for me.
VanIslandGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2017, 11:17   #4

After three weeks, they said the check is out, still no refund check.
Maybe I will talk with a customer service,,,,,,,
Old 21-05-2017, 13:42   #5

Boat: outremer

Well, I finally requested a refund. Haven't received March, April, or May issues, and it's now May 21. The last time I wrote to ask what was up, they said they did not know and suggested that I pay for the online version (without offering to cancel the print version or provide some sort of credit).

Depending on how this goes I will possibly go the chargeback route. I don't know who's job it is to get me these magazines, but they aren't fulfilling their end of the bargain. Also, since I used a credit card, I am not going to wait for a check. They can just credit the charge through their payment gateway like any other company that accepts credit cards.
svrecess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2017, 13:55   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawrence View Post
Well, I finally requested a refund. Haven't received March, April, or May issues, and it's now May 21. The last time I wrote to ask what was up, they said they did not know and suggested that I pay for the online version (without offering to cancel the print version or provide some sort of credit).

Depending on how this goes I will possibly go the chargeback route. I don't know who's job it is to get me these magazines, but they aren't fulfilling their end of the bargain. Also, since I used a credit card, I am not going to wait for a check. They can just credit the charge through their payment gateway like any other company that accepts credit cards.

I talked to customer service, she did good and be in patient between me and an editor.
I decided being back on a subscription, the customer service sent me unrecoverable issues. Even requesting a refund, the editor would never send you a check, I gave up. I just be in patient non on time delivery.
Old 22-05-2017, 06:02   #7

Boat: Catalina 30 MKII

Seems to be a pattern.

We subscribed, paid, never got a magazine for about 3 months. Called customer service and they said "someone at your post office must be stealing them". (We're several hundred miles from the nearest bluewater here in NE Texas, so I kinda doubt that.)

We read them the riot act, they sent some back issues, then one or two current issues managed to make it. Then nothing again.

We cancelled. Life is busy enough without having to deal with an incompetent publisher/mailer.
ValiantV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue water sailing, enc, gaz, sail, sailing, water