Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-07-2003, 22:40   #1

Re: 61' Irwin...Irwinsailor

I remember the the 52', however, I did not work on any of them. You mentioned a jacuzzi.....I think one of the 65s we made for someone had one also. It was round and for obvious reasons very deep. My job was to make an elaminated wooden ring, made from teak, that went around the top edge of the tub.
Then your post got me thinking. Ya know...I never did know what happened to the darn thing. I usually made it a habit of checking my work out after it has been installed on the boats. But this time I didn't.
I am now living in Lima, Ohio. Just finished building a house and we are now moved in. The next thing will be to find a nice small boat. I have been visiting Yachtworld.com and checking out boats between 34 to 36 feet. I have to buy an older boat in the $35-$40 range.
For a living I install carpet on boats. Mostly powerboats. I am headed to Lake Erie this weekend to start on another. My customers pick carpet from samples and then order the carpet from Dalton, Georgia. Ordering this way saves a lot of money. Carpet is also purchased tax free because the order was made from out of state.
My hobby is woodworking. At the moment I am building an 8' dingy. Its is made from plywood. It is finished with a sanding primer with catalyst . The hard finish can be polished. I will then make a fiberglass mold. I don't know how well they will sell...allI know is I can't lay carpet forever.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 17:40   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Amanda Faye 61' Custom Irwin aftcockpit ketch
The hot tub in my boat was installed after a major fire. Irwin had nothing to do with this addition. I plan to cut it out one of these days and use the space for something that I will use. But it is fun to tell people that ny sail boat has a hot tub, very few sail boats have them. I have been told by several people including a broker that sells Irwins that my boat would be worth more with out it.
I hope you sell as many 8' boats as you care to. You must be a very handy person. good luck
irwinsailor is offline   Reply With Quote