Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-04-2021, 23:44   #1

Recommended boat yard and technicians in Greece

Hi everyone,
Last year I was looking for a good boat yard to leave my boat through winter in Greece. I have found one, I am very pleased with it, so I want to share this with others. More importantly, I used this winter to prepare the boat for an Atlantic crossing and put a lot of money into upgrading it’s electronics and having all systems inspected. The experience I had with the professionals that did the job was excellent, and again, I want to share this information with others who are looking for these services.
The boat yard is “Basimokopoulos”, in a beautiful bay called Kilada, about three hours drive from Athens airport. They let you work on your boat, and offer a list of professionals covering everything you may need. The yard is very professionally run.
For the electronics I worked with A guy named Kottaras, which was very nice, very patient and very professional in everything he did. Highly recommended!
As for all other jobs, I worked with Christian, an Austrian guy who lives here and has a company named Franks’ yacht station. Again, very nice, patient and professional. Again, highly recommended!
I hope this will be of use to someone..
Udira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, Greece, men