Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2017, 05:33   #1

Sailboat Listings

Hello everyone,
I'm a newbie with very limited experience, but as a life long surfer and lover of all things water, it is in my future to educate myself learn, buy, outfit, and sail away...hopefully in the next couple of years. I have been doing a lot of reading and educating myself on what makes a good blue water vessel, and website listings of used boats. Yacht World seems good, but what is the deal with sailboatlisting.com? I notice a lot of boat listings seem to be years old. Is it even worth to check this site? and can anyone recommend any other good sites for sailboat sales?
Thanks,
Mark
svbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:11   #2

Boat: Irwin 41 cc Ketch
Send a message via Yahoo to fishsail18
Re: Sailboat Listings

I sold my other boat from that site, just check the dates, if it's old it's probably gone. YW seems to be more up to date. good luck
fishsail18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:22   #3

Boat: Hunter Passage 42

Hey neighbor,

Craigslist also has stuff. But be careful. Many of the Craigslist can be ugly. Often not worth the look. Pictures are often hard to gauge well.

I would also recommend that you talk to brokers. They can be bad, but also can give you some excellent advice. There's one that I enjoyed at the marina at the ICW and Beach. Also did well with St Augustine Yacht sales. St Barts is OK.

Also interesting is to walk the marinas. You often see for sale signs and can chat with guys at their boats. If you are friendly and nice they will often talk and give you good information.
Geek_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:40   #4

Boat: Bristol 27

Like the guy said above, check the date of the add then send an email to the owner to confirm

Some folks seem to have trouble deleting their ads. It's not totally simple like most websites.
thomm225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:19   #5

Boat: center console

Yachtworld is broker listings only. Try searching generically, or for boat brand names you may be interested in. There are zillions of websites, I think many are so far down the list with obscure address they never get seen. Many are listed by consolidators that approach a seller to list "on hundreds of sites" for a fee. That's why the listing is not maintained. Try craigslist, ebay, etc. & then try to contact the owner offline. FSBO sellers will get inundated with scam artists & it gets frustrating to sort the wheat from the chaff.
1affiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:22   #6

Thank you for all the great information.
svbagus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, sailboat