Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-07-2013, 06:03   #1
TOT

Boat: Lagoon 450
Singapore to Australia

Hi All

Has anyone sailed from Singapore to Queensland, Australia in a Lagoon 450?

Did you have any issues sailing past Indonesia or if you sailed via the Straits did you have any issues sailing past Malaysia?

I am a little worried when l look on the piracy website in this area.

Thanks
TOT

http://www.icc-ccs.org/piracy-report...ive-piracy-map
Old 22-07-2013, 06:58   #2

Location: Cruising the West coast of Sumatra and the offshore islands, surfing!!
Boat: Feltz Skorpion mark 11A, Aluminium 39' sloop, constructed Hamburg. https://photobucket.com/eloise_01
Send a message via Skype™ to surfmachine
Re: Singapore to Australia

tot, no pirates or issues in malaysia or indonesia, only pirates are the immigration officials!!
Keith.
Old 22-07-2013, 18:31   #3
TOT

Good point, somethings never change.

Thanks
TOT
Old 23-07-2013, 07:45   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to bvimatelot Send a message via Skype™ to bvimatelot

I did Singapore to Brisbane last year on an Athena 38. Boat had many problems (previously written about) and instead of doing Singapore-Bali-Darwin-Cairns-Brisbane, I ended up doing Singapore-KotaKinabalu-Ambon-Cairns. Prior to that, I had taken the boat down from LAngKawi to Singapore. I didn't find any piracy problems. I did have weather problems all the way across the top of Oz and down the other side - but that was weather timing: trip should have started a month later!

I had not arranged a crusing permit for Indonesia: not a difficult thing to do but I had never intended going into Indo anyway. So - when I had to divert into Ambon, I was a tad concerned about the lack of this bit of paper. However, on explaining to them that I was not "cruising" but merely passing through, and had had to stop for electro/mechanical problems, they were very reasonable and helpful.
bvimatelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 05:38   #5
TOT

Thanks Bvimatelot l have also heard about a club that sails from Darwin to Malaysia via Indonesia so l may check into that come the time.

TOT
Old 24-07-2013, 05:45   #6
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

The Dinah Beach Cruising Yacht Club (Or Yacht association??) run the Darwin to Ambon race, would be worth contacting them, I delivered a boat to Darwin for the owners to do this race/rally, and the Dinah Beach folk seemed very courteous and have the knowledge.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 05:49   #7
TOT

Hi Factor

Thank you for the info, much appreciated.

TOT
Old 24-07-2013, 10:13   #8

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36 (#111) - Vaya Con Dios
We sailed from Singapore to Darwin a few years back with no worries. Left early May and did mostly day hops with some overnight ears. Didn't get a cruising permit and only anchored up overnighters in places with no villages or people. Indonesians are curious they like to come along and will throw their line on your deck, just throw it back and signal no politely. If your interested I can give you coordinates where we stopped.
vayacondios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 10:17   #9

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36 (#111) - Vaya Con Dios
Also many boats come back through Indonesia to Gove if your going East. Last year I was in Gove and 8 yachts arrived into Gove and they had no issues. If your going to do that and want to continue East best time would be to arrive in Gove in October late for crossing the gulf early November and continuing down the east coast. I think you will meet up with others going your way.
vayacondios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 17:34   #10

Boat: De Fever 57

Hi there

What time of year to the boats return from Indonesia to Gove? I'm looking to bring a boat back from Thailand and would love to join a rally/ returning group rather than go it alone and I'm struggling to find a way in to information. I'm currently in Australia (so out of the cruising community loop that happens on the water and around marinas), but will be taking delivery of a boat at Christmas time in Thailand, then I'll need to bring it to Australia.

Thanks in anticipation
Simone
Optimystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 19:09   #11

Location: Cruising the West coast of Sumatra and the offshore islands, surfing!!
Boat: Feltz Skorpion mark 11A, Aluminium 39' sloop, constructed Hamburg. https://photobucket.com/eloise_01
Send a message via Skype™ to surfmachine

Simone, check noonsite and contact other users by personal message for exact information about our passage. As long as you do it out of the hurricane season it will be a milk run?
all the best from Keith.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:20   #12

Boat: Ocean Alexander tri cabin 52'

PIRATES

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
MVDarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 14:08   #13

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVDarlin View Post
PIRATES

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
ZOMBIES
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 01:27   #14

Boat: PanOceanic 46, SY Sunrise, Perkins 4.236

Quote:
Originally Posted by vayacondios View Post
We sailed from Singapore to Darwin a few years back with no worries. Left early May and did mostly day hops with some overnight ears. Didn't get a cruising permit and only anchored up overnighters in places with no villages or people. Indonesians are curious they like to come along and will throw their line on your deck, just throw it back and signal no politely. If your interested I can give you coordinates where we stopped.

Hi, i am interested in this route via Bali, would appreciate any info, coordinates, anchorage and experiences (good and bad) that you may have. Thanks, Robert Goh, SV Sunrise
robgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 02:43   #15

Location: Boat in Preveza Greece, awaiting our next trip, we are based Sunshine Coast Australia
Boat: Jeanneau SunFast 43
Send a message via Skype™ to OzDean

Hey I am also interested in this route. Bringing a 45' sailing yacht from Singapore to Sydney later this year. At first I was thinking mid year or at least before cyclone season starts, but then the prevailing wind is mainly from the East so that is a lot of beating. According the passage planning software and also watching Windy over December/January the wind at this time is mainly from the West, but then there is the issue of cyclones. Any thoughts from those that have done the passage?
OzDean is offline   Reply With Quote