Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2023, 07:41   #31

Re: Snakes on board

We saw a good size water snake at a marina one time. It was on the ramp going to the docks so it was freaking people out. Eventually, it heated up enough, go rested, and/or freaked out by people, and it got back in the water and swam away. The problem for the snake was getting out of the marina since there were steel sea walls but there were some gaps for it to escape through, so to speak. I think a gap in the sea wall is how it got into the marina in the first place.

Seen plenty of snakes in fresh water. There was a group canoe trip I went on, with a family of four, that did not know how to paddle a boat so they zigged and zagged down the river. The river was not a white water river but it was flowing a bit above normal due to rain. This along with their lack of paddling skill put them constantly, into and under, trees as they bumper canoed down the river...

Th'ar be snakes in them trees....

I have seen black snakes climb vertical brick walls, get around the eave of a roof and climb onto said roof. Snakes can do some pretty amazing things.

Later,
Dan
dannc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 11:14   #32

Boat: 1985 Canadian Sailcraft CS30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannc View Post
We saw a good size water snake at a marina one time. It was on the ramp going to the docks so it was freaking people out. Eventually, it heated up enough, go rested, and/or freaked out by people, and it got back in the water and swam away. The problem for the snake was getting out of the marina since there were steel sea walls but there were some gaps for it to escape through, so to speak. I think a gap in the sea wall is how it got into the marina in the first place.

Seen plenty of snakes in fresh water. There was a group canoe trip I went on, with a family of four, that did not know how to paddle a boat so they zigged and zagged down the river. The river was not a white water river but it was flowing a bit above normal due to rain. This along with their lack of paddling skill put them constantly, into and under, trees as they bumper canoed down the river...

Th'ar be snakes in them trees....

I have seen black snakes climb vertical brick walls, get around the eave of a roof and climb onto said roof. Snakes can do some pretty amazing things.

Later,
Dan
Dan, you are not helping the situation!! I am freaked out more than ever now..

Thanks, !!!! hahah
mottseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 11:56   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottseng View Post
Dan, you are not helping the situation!! I am freaked out more than ever now..

Thanks, !!!! hahah
You are welcome!

Recently, I heard something rustling in the yard. I could see brush moving but I could not see what was causing things to move and rustle.

I went to investigate what was causing the slight commotion.....

It was....

A lovely little Box turtle.

Later,
Dan
dannc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 05:28   #34

Boat: Hunter 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy_gilana View Post
Yes sure...
Beautiful!