Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 22:47   #1

pirate Suggestions On Itinerary In The S. Pacific For 6 Nights

My wife and I booked a catamaran for 6 nights departing from Raiatea in late November. I see many suggested possible itineraries, but I'd like solicit feedback from those who've been there done that.

Only mandatory is at least 1-2 nights floating somewhere around Bora Bora, and the boat needs to be returned to Raiatea at the end of our trip.
discostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 14:30   #2

Boat: Hunter 31
Re: Suggestions On Itinerary In The S. Pacific For 6 Nights

I posted here before my trip...

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...iti-45779.html

In a reply a gent sent me his link which I thought was good...

Home Page

My trip was as follows:

Day 1 Arrival - board out our Lagoon 380 "Afaro" from Tahiti Yacht Charters and sail to Farroa Bay - Kayaked up the river. It was awesome. Took a moring on the abandoned Sunsail mooring field. Make sure the mooring is good thay did not look maintained.

Day 2 Set sail out the nearby pass to Huahine. We went down to the southern tip Avea Bay - and stayed for 2 nights Awesome. You can stop at an anchorage half way down the west side or berth near the main town if time does not permit. Going all the way to Avea (arrived at 14:00 left Farroa at 8:00) was great for us . Allowed us to expolre the island and stay put for a bit.

Day 3 Avea

Day 4 Set sail for Tahaa (7:15) Arrived near Mahaea on the East side of Tahaa at 13:30. Anchored in a large sandy area. Great holding but quite a dingy ride to shore. We did not explore the island which I regret. I guess I have good reason to go back. We did a lot of snorkeling near the motos instead- Awesome!

Day 5 Set Sail to Bora-Bora (7:00) this is a trek. You will probably need to motor sail arround a good part of Tahaa. We had a great sail to the island once we exited the pass on the west side od Tahaa. Arrived in the pass at 13:30. BB Yacht club was still being fixed from storm damage and no morings were available. We moored outside Bloody Mary's. The place while touristy is definitely worth the trip.

Day 6 Went to the main town of Viatape by Dink, and explored the town a bit (small even for the main town). Stayed at BM mooring field.

Day 7 Sailed to the East side of bora and anchored near the St. Regus. Great view of BB!!! We snorkeled near the carnal marker due West of the Hotel. Saw a school of 14 Eagle Rays and caught it on Video while free diving!

Day 8 Sailed back to Raitea left at 8:00 in port by 13:00.

I had such an surreal experience there I have not scratched the surface of it, but tried to give you an outline of the float plan. If you have any question let me know. Have an awesome Trip!
Rich_Maler is offline   Reply With Quote