Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-06-2024, 15:48   #1

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49
Thinwater revamping his blog Sail-Delmarva

It has come to my attention that Thinwater has begun revamping his blog. 675 posts on all sorts of topics contain a wealth of valuable information and he is revising these where anything important has changed over time, incorporating new products and bits and pieces from his published articles:

http://sail-delmarva.blogspot.com/

As well, he has since had about 600 articles published mainly in Practical Sailor, Good Old Boat, ranging from product testing, to DIY, to how to sail better. With Good Old Boat closing last spring and Practical Sailor lightening up on product testing (expensive to do) I am hoping he will have the time to add more posts to his blog.

In the meantime, it is worth going back to the beginning of his blog and having a look at the mass of information there. Most of it is categorized (see the sidebar) and there is a keyword search if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thinwater has been sailing for about 35 years and commenced blogging about sailing about 15 years ago when he had just started cruising with his family and had a new-to-him boat that needed tweaking. An inquisitive mind led to testing. Since then he has been generously taking the time to share his knowledge, and I would like to thank him for this.

SWL
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2024, 15:48   #2

Boat: Chris Craft 381 Catalina
Re: Reving Up My Blog--Sail-Delmarva

Between your blog and magazine articles you've certainly put a heck of a lot of good information out there that's been useful to many of us. I'm glad to see you sticking with it and doing it because you enjoy it.
rslifkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2024, 16:20   #3

Boat: Leopard 40 2009

Absolutely agree, and I'llcheckout the blog. Many thanks for your ideas and wisdom, Thinwater!

Better to trust the man who is frequently in error than the one who is never in doubt." -- Eric Sevareid
John_Trusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2024, 18:51   #4

Thanks Drew, for sharing your wealth of experience in your useful, practical, well researched articles.
fivecapes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal, sail, water