Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2017, 15:22   #1

Today ( boat related )

So what have we done re our boats today ... ok , I am not a live aboard , , while sitting minding my own business around noon in Peterhead harbour. ( NE Scotland ) along comes two guys asks me if I can take them out to look at the new wind farm complex 12 m off shore. ,, no problem , I see a new charter career opening up for me 😀😀
Cherod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 15:53   #2

Boat: JBW club 420, MFG Bandit, Snark
Re: Today ( boat related )

I no longer have a big cruising boat. Today, I taught my brother in-law how to ski and kneeboard. He's not a boat guy, but I'm changing that. Taught him to sail a dinghy a couple years ago.
Old 27-08-2017, 14:30   #3

Today ( well yday and today ) managed my first overnite anchoring , didn't move an inch !! Oh , and blocked the main halyard from the winch ( hard work ) onto the electric windlass , ( so easy !!)
Cherod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 22:09   #4

Boat: Freedom 38

Raced on San Francisco Bay yesterday out of Sausalito Yacht Club in my Freedom 38 (second year winning their All Women Team perpetual trophy), and then took out a bunch of newbies today on a Cal20 from the Half Moon Bay Yacht Club. Had to put a reef in yet was able to sail in shorts and a t-shirt
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 22:15   #5

Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamayun View Post
Raced on San Francisco Bay yesterday out of Sausalito Yacht Club in my Freedom 38 (second year winning their All Women Team perpetual trophy), and then took out a bunch of newbies today on a Cal20 from the Half Moon Bay Yacht Club. Had to put a reef in yet was able to sail in shorts and a t-shirt
Congrats!

When you say a "bunch" on a Cal 20... that's like 10 or 12 right?
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Don C L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 02:59   #6

Boat: Hunter 27, 1978

Paid the yardmaster some fees for working yard storage for my boat, and spoke with him about rigging processes and the Yanmar issues I have been working through. He convinced me to stay with the engine in there for now, and we discussed other boaty things, as well as his activities in making custom guitars for people. The fellow is actually very good. If you are ever in the area and looking for a custom guitar, he is a talented craftsman (is that a Luthier?).

I need to take him up on his offer to use me as rail meat in the local club cruises! My 300 lb body would hold his catalina down pretty well!

I also uploaded some pics on the forum today of that pesky oil pan, for those who wanted to see just how jacked up a saltwater exposed oilpan can get before the hole in the side gets too far gone to repair. I am on the edge on this one, methinks! HA HA HA!
SailingFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat