Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-09-2008, 20:38   #16

Boat: PDQ 32 DogHouse
Naples realy is a nasty place if you're not a local. When moving the boat from Charlotte Harbor to Melbourne in February we were yelled at for rinsing the deck fitting after a pump out at the city dock. Also, lawyers with big fancy power boats were blowing horns and giving the finger for going too slow in the manatee areas.
amytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 15:25   #17

Boat: Transworld Formosa 41
Quote:
they never returned. friends left a few days later. not once during the entire encounter did he ever let on to the nazi's that he was a retired orange county (florida) sherrif's deputy and u.s. customs agent....
hehe Worked in a prison for a year as an electronics instructor to try to retrain some of the "Students" there... Students my foot, the INMATES... Anyway, the INMATES were ALL innocent.

That's what they said anyway.

Difference is, they are inside and really did something wrong.

Messing with a person because they don't like your looks, your boat or the fact you're "there and shouldn't be" in their opinion is still no reason to wind up in jail with real bad guys.

If you survive today, tomorrow will be better.
RickD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 18:23   #18
jzk

Quote:
Originally Posted by onestepcsy37 View Post
cruising friends of mine stopped in lake sylvia, fort lauderdale, a few weeks ago. after a few days the water nazi's came by and told them they had to leave by 6pm the next day. my friends told them they were a yacht in transit and legally allowed to anchor there. the nazi's got loud and belligerent but my friend held his ground. they finally left saying they'd be back the next day. his parting words were 'see you at 6pm tomorrow'.

they never returned. friends left a few days later. not once during the entire encounter did he ever let on to the nazi's that he was a retired orange county (florida) sherrif's deputy and u.s. customs agent....
Here is the thing. The water police are familiar with the recent court cases. But they know that 90% of cruisers will just be on their way if they tell you to leave. They probably aren't too interested in really pushing things because the last thing they want is publicity of losing to a cruiser in Lake Sylvia because then people will flock there.
jzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 18:59   #19

Boat: inspiration 10 - 10.5 mtrs capricorn magic
Hi Cooper, Aren't you glad you're this side of the Pacific? We have our own pricks at times but on the whole for all they claim about the ol' USA there's so much of this agro stuff comes through the forum! It's hard to imagine living and enjoying sailing in that atmosphere. An American friend went to sail and live in Peurto Rico(?) to escape the sailing hassles in the Southern States.he's a lot happier.
lolanreg@smartc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor