Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-11-2013, 14:23   #691

Boat: Columbia 24
Re: Transit Time? NY-FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
I have covered all 48 states...
Wait - I thought there were 57 states...
Old 23-11-2013, 14:26   #692

Boat: Columbia 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
I know what to expect from people here in america. Does not mean i like it. I may even complain.
And they know what to expect from you. Think about it. For your own benefit.
Old 23-11-2013, 14:30   #693

Boat: Watkins Sea Wolf 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebWench View Post
Red feathery, there is usually three of us, but we often have guests as well. Our IP has a huge refrigerator and freezer that we are in the process of rebuilding. Our S2 had only an ice box...great for drinks. But we kept the igloo on board for food. It fit nicely on the seat for the nav table.
Make sure you don't have it on your main battery though....or you may not be able to start your engine. A second battery or batteries, with a solar charger is the way to go.
Good advice. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumelia View Post
Wait - I thought there were 57 states...
Guess we gave Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Iraq, Iran and the other stragglers back.
Old 23-11-2013, 14:57   #694

Boat: 2017 Jeanneau 519
I have always lived in Fl, currently in sfl. lots of rich people down here there still nice usually the people who think they have money act that way.
Old 23-11-2013, 15:04   #695
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Seaton 60' Ketch

I finally figured out what that meant; seems that there are 57 US States, territories, and possessions (and, of course, DC) that can vote in Primaries and/or Caucuses! Not states of course, but at least it makes some sense in that context of how many "states" you've wine trying to get nominated…
Old 23-11-2013, 15:39   #696
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethflkys View Post
I have a Dometic portable, bought it here: Dometic CF-040AC110 CF-40 Waeco CoolFreeze Portable Fridge Freezer AC/DC CF 40 Trailer Camper RV I use it all the time. Right now it is in our kitchen, plugged into the wall socket, with venison sausage frozen at zero degrees F. In the summer we keep it on the boat; it's more efficient than the main fridge and because it is ac/dc and the main fridge is dc only, when plugged into the dock I can keep the beverages cold all the time (set to 35 degrees) without cycling my batteries. I really like this unit. One thing: the dc socket in the unit is wired with a soldered connection that broke loose. I had to take it apart and re-solder it. Now I keep the dc plug in the socket all the time; I think the wiggling to plug and unplug caused the failure. I bought the cover that they sell for it, which has pockets for the ac and dc cords as well as adding extra insulation for the box. I get a lot of use out of this fridge. It was pricey but worth it.
The Dometics are real pricey, but sometimes you get what you pay for.
I'm looking at this one as it's both a freezer and a fridge, or both, has two thermostats. http://www.amazon.com/Whynter-FM-62D.../dp/B008VX01P2
Old 23-11-2013, 16:54   #697

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

Scoobert, Golly don't come to Louisiana, with your attitude some of the folks down here would not hang with your ideas !! even tho the food is cheaper and better but they don't much care for folks that don't have simple manners LOL !! and most of the depths are to shallow if ya can't really navigate well. O well sea food is the norm down here and yall seem to be meat eaters !! LOL I really believe that more time at anchor would really make your trip more fun and even a little cheaper!! have fun
Old 23-11-2013, 17:04   #698

Boat: Islander 28

Name:   ptjuderi-albums-knot-reel-teeth-picture33339-a.gif
Views: 424
Size:  13.7 KB
Old 23-11-2013, 17:05   #699

Boat: Islander 28
Love this stuff :-)
Old 23-11-2013, 17:08   #700

Boat: 1997 Catalina 42 MkII

Hmmm - We sailed on a Tartan 33 with no oven (it was an alcohol stove and we never did try to figure out the oven), no refrigeration (icebox) and 5 people. We would shop about every 4-5 days, storing everything in the icebox (which your fridge is right now) packed with blocks of ice. I had 3 kids and a very hungry hubby. The Magma grill and stove top was all we used and we ate well. VERY well. We never ate out or stayed at a marina because, well, we couldn't afford it.
Old 23-11-2013, 18:07   #701

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

Well, I think Scoobert has been chastised enough, don't you?

Keep on keepin on Scooby. You are doing great.
Old 23-11-2013, 18:11   #702

Boat: Beneteau 34'
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFrz View Post
Well, I think Scoobert has been chastised enough, don't you? Keep on keepin on Scooby. You are doing great.
Agreed!!! Scoobert is the man. Living the dream I have had
Old 23-11-2013, 18:20   #703

Boat: 1995 Larson Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snore View Post
Odd, I was born and raised in The Bronx. An area not known for raising warm and fuzzy people. Over the years I have traveled a fair amount in the US, as well as most of Western Europe and some Eastern Europe.

Even in France we got along fine with the locals. Their reserved attitude melted away after a few moments. Guess it is because I never thought of what to expect "FROM people" only what they expected "from ME".
Hey Snore, where did you live in the Bronx? I was working around E 158 st and Cauldwell ave a few years back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PD_0240.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	341.8 KB
ID:	70976  
Old 23-11-2013, 18:29   #704

Boat: 1995 Larson Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by annsni View Post
Hmmm - We sailed on a Tartan 33 with no oven (it was an alcohol stove and we never did try to figure out the oven), no refrigeration (icebox) and 5 people. We would shop about every 4-5 days, storing everything in the icebox (which your fridge is right now) packed with blocks of ice. I had 3 kids and a very hungry hubby. The Magma grill and stove top was all we used and we ate well. VERY well. We never ate out or stayed at a marina because, well, we couldn't afford it.
If you dont want the mess from melting water in the fridge, get a block of dry ice. It is about a buck a pound around here in any ice place. The only problem would be the CO2 that would build up in the cabin if it was sealed up too tight. We use a block in an old broken chest freezer at my church when we have a picnic, fish fry, etc... Everything stays ice cold.
Old 23-11-2013, 19:48   #705
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

50 states, plus 11 insular possessions, plus DC. So, 62 venues of various kinds, according to the fed. Of course, they might not be telling us about everything they own.<G>
Closed Thread