Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-03-2023, 12:39   #46

Boat: Pearson 323, Tayana V42CC
Re: What's this thing and why is it in my head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Jim View Post
Pressure hot water, gimballed stoves, standing headroom, self tailing winches, manual windlass, wind vane self steering, furling headsails…just to name a few. Having worked my way up from daysailers in the 60’s, it’s what makes cruising pleasurable. We all have the choice to abstain or take full advantage.
Hear, Hear! I missed the memo that said we had to be Luddites to go sailing. I like ice cubes in my drinks every now and then, And while I could take cold showers from a bucket poured over my head, why would I?
Scubaseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2023, 12:49   #47

Boat: Watkins 27 - 27'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Jim View Post
Pressure hot water, gimballed stoves, standing headroom, self tailing winches, manual windlass, wind vane self steering, furling headsails…just to name a few. Having worked my way up from daysailers in the 60’s, it’s what makes cruising pleasurable. We all have the choice to abstain or take full advantage.
You're missing the point.

I have pressure water/hot water too. But the system doesn't have a pressure tank, nor does it need one. Now, if your boat is approaching ~100' long, has several heads and showers, a full galley, clothes washer, etc, etc, etc, yeah... then (maybe) you have/need a pressure tank.

But for the average boat? Nope.
Old 15-03-2023, 12:54   #48

Boat: Watkins 27 - 27'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubaseas View Post
Hear, Hear! I missed the memo that said we had to be Luddites to go sailing. I like ice cubes in my drinks every now and then, And while I could take cold showers from a bucket poured over my head, why would I?
OK... were not talking about 'amenities' here. A pressure tank in the water system doesn't have anything to do with any of that.
Old 16-03-2023, 02:11   #49

Boat: S&S 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by riksf View Post
Not normally a sentence you want to hear, but it's nothing graphic, I promise. [emoji3] While I was sawing through some decades-old sanitation hose in my head cabinet yesterday, I spotted this gizmo up in the corner. Any ideas what it's doing there? The wires don't seem to be connected to anything.

A solenoid valve from the 17th century.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
head