Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2014, 23:18   #1

Yacht Rqd for 1-3mth charter

Hello all, I am looking to soon give up the land for a life at sea and sailing the world for the foreseeable. I've sailed all my life, I used to skipper professionally in various spots around the world, am Oceanmaster qualified, alas i gave it all up for a career on the shore and a few weeks sailing a year. I have now come to my senses however and am selling up, I plan to buy a decent bluewater yacht and for my girlfriend and I to spend the next few years sailing around the world on. Before we do so however I would like to charter a yacht for a month of three in order to 110% be sure that we want to commit ourselves to living on the drink for the next few years.

So, I am looking to charter ideally in the 45-60ft range, monohull and would like to take the yacht in either the Caribbean or preferably in SE asia or the Pacific Island area. Looking for a 4 - 12 week charter period starting between December '14 and January '15. Does anyone have a yacht they'd be prepared to charter to an experienced yachtsman for some light cruising and mini passage making whilst looking after it as his own, in exchange for a fair fee? If so I would love to hear from you.

p.s. have spend a good few months with great interest noseying at the various forums on this site, what a great resource and what a helpful bunch of folks, look forward to becoming a part of the crowd soon

Thanks in advance.
jbk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 23:53   #2

Boat: Privilege 435 Now Sold
Re: Yacht Rqd for 1-3mth charter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbk1 View Post
Hello all, I am looking to soon give up the land for a life at sea and sailing the world for the foreseeable. I've sailed all my life, I used to skipper professionally in various spots around the world, am Oceanmaster qualified, alas i gave it all up for a career on the shore and a few weeks sailing a year. I have now come to my senses however and am selling up, I plan to buy a decent bluewater yacht and for my girlfriend and I to spend the next few years sailing around the world on. Before we do so however I would like to charter a yacht for a month of three in order to 110% be sure that we want to commit ourselves to living on the drink for the next few years.

So, I am looking to charter ideally in the 45-60ft range, monohull and would like to take the yacht in either the Caribbean or preferably in SE asia or the Pacific Island area. Looking for a 4 - 12 week charter period starting between December '14 and January '15. Does anyone have a yacht they'd be prepared to charter to an experienced yachtsman for some light cruising and mini passage making whilst looking after it as his own, in exchange for a fair fee? If so I would love to hear from you.

p.s. have spend a good few months with great interest noseying at the various forums on this site, what a great resource and what a helpful bunch of folks, look forward to becoming a part of the crowd soon

Thanks in advance.
You may get lucky and find someone willing to do what you want but, if you don't, here's the one charter outfit I know geared up for long term rental.. Seabbatical Long Term Bareboat Yacht Charter - BVI Bareboat Charters Seabattical. They have a couple of monos in the size you are looking for. They may initially look expensive but boat ownership IS expensive.

https://sailingjeannius.blogspot.com
Jeannius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2014, 04:41   #3

Thanks Jeannius, I'll check them out
Old 06-10-2014, 07:45   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Morgan 512 51 feet 6inches

I have a Morgan 512 in the Bahamas that I have lived on for the last 13 years....chartered it also.....I now would like a break to visit family in far flung lands. I am currently in Fort lauderdale giving the boat the annual mini refit. Boat has all mod cons and a new engine. Interested?
newlazydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:00   #5

Hi Newlazydays, PM'd you

Thanks

Tags
charter, yacht