Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-06-2010, 07:22   #16

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisail View Post
I couldn't even find their boat on that site.

the slapmobile
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 07:28   #17
cruiser

Boat: Cowther 43 - Hunter 40.5
Is it called that because of the near non existent bridge-deck clearance?
dennisail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 07:50   #18

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:

No, but............

slaplogs

Friday June 12th

The only thing more aggravating than the sailing on this passage is the condition of the seas. You know how the Japanese depict the sea in those old paintings - kind of pyramid shaped with white frothy tops and completely disorganized? They had it right. This looks exactly like one of those paintings. Speaking of the Japanese, the waves slamming into the side of our hulls make it sound as though someone has opened fire on us with a giant sumo-wrestler-firing cannon.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 07:57   #19
Writing Full-Time Since 2014

Boat: PDQ Altair, 32/34
Quote:
\

(imagine diaphragm- cramping laughter)
Old 25-06-2010, 02:54   #20
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyrusty View Post
Yes retractable keel and swing up rudders. There is some fine boats here but cant get anything like what I see over there. 2001 Gemini with good things like radar ect. Boat $100kUS @84c $130k
You're comparing apples to oranges. Yes the Gemini pricing looks terrific compared other cats, however, remember the saying "you get what you pay for".

IMHO, there isn't a compatible Australian boat to the Gemini. These boats are lightly built and were designed to be coastal cruisers. Boats like the Seawind 1000 or a Prout or a Simpson are more substantial boats.
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 07:20   #21
One of Those

Boat: Catalac 12M (sold)
Was your mother frightened by a Gemini when she was pregnant with you? I don't think I have ever seen anyone on these forums continuously attack another brand of boat to this extent. Especially someone who has never owned one.

Surely there are forty or fifty other brands you must hate as much, and yet you concentrate on the Gemini. There have been over a thousand of them sold. The world is full of very happy Gemini owners. Some people i have talked to are on their third one, having sold a boat they loved and moved up with a model change over the years. What is it about this AMERICAN built, popular, successful, current production, well documented boat that bothers you? I mean, nobody seems to be trying to convince you to buy one.

You keep calling them coastal cruisers like that is a bad thing. Yet a lot of them have crossed the Atlantic, and the Pacific. You hate coastal cruisers, okay. Fine. How many oceans you crossed in your boat? Are you not, in fact, yourself, a coastal cruiser?

Your animosity toward the company and their product is obvious. your consistent response to anyone interested is "BUY ANYTHING BUT A GEMINI". What gives? It's not like you are a Catalac dealer and a Gemini sale costs you money or anything..I mean, those Catalacs are essentially obsolete and getting scarcer. Not really an option for someone looking for what Gemini supplies. Did they put your favorite boat out of business? Did you have stock in Catalac or something?
Just curious.
Old 26-06-2010, 07:50   #22
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibul View Post
Was your mother frightened by a Gemini when she was pregnant with you? I don't think I have ever seen anyone on these forums continuously attack another brand of boat to this extent. Especially someone who has never owned one..

Having a bad day...LOL

People ask for an opinon. I gave mine. that's all there is to it. I've spent more time on these boats than most folks and can answer questions.

Now, speaking of opinions. What's up with your blind defense of Geminis? Curious as you've never owned one. As I recall you were heading out for your very first outing on a Gemini last month. Do you own stock in the company? Are you one of their suppliers?

If you had spent enough time on different catamarans to form a basis for an opinion, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gemini