Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-10-2011, 14:13   #61
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: Costa Rica Check-In

thankyou... will look forward to your words...
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 17:35   #62

Boat: Fuji 45'
Send a message via Yahoo to DiverChick71 Send a message via Skype™ to DiverChick71
Omigoodness----tears!!! John, I don't know you but must say, I'm humbled and inspired by your journey. As one "yet to embark" on this lifestyle, I think it's easy for us newbies and some "wannabes" to conjure up images and notions that are just not true; being 1--that this lifestyle is all cocktails and sunset Happy hours and 2---that those that are living this life are somehow "lucky" or "rich" or any other adjective that somehow helps those not yet there rationalize why we haven't achieved it yet. Your blog is beautiful, from the heart, and so inspiring. Your love for your wife (and hers for you) is heartwarming, and your struggles are both tragic and inspirational! My other half (Travis) and I will be working and sweating it out for every last dollar to make our dreams come true. We fully anticipate being in yours and Mels situation...going back to work to make things happen when the kitty is dry. I'm gushing now and I'm sorry...but I'm just SO SO grateful that you are sharing your story and truly wish you the best. And I certainly hope we can meet up someday...in Panama OR Hawaii!
Old 16-10-2011, 12:58   #63
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE

DC,

Thanks for the kind words. The blog is getting longer, and at about 60 pages now. Mel puts in photos, and posts everything. This is my third experience in life writing. My first was lost in a fire. The second I made 5 books with no intention of trying to publish. This one is what it is, but they all have been extremely trying times in my life. I guess it's kind of my therapy?

The blog started out for a diifferent reason, and morphed into this as the situation came up. I was willled my close friend's ashes, and his family wasn't happy about it. So I started the blog, so they could see where I was placing his ashes along my way from Florida via Panama, Hawaii, S.F., and then to my new home in the Philippines. The color blue in i2f is not only the color of hope, but also my friend's eyes. It gives me great pleasure to read that it gives inspiration to folks. The thread here ARE YOU ON THE FENCE, kind of says it all. THANKS again......i2f
imagine2frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:08   #64

I want to sail to Costa Rica with anyone who may be going. I am a very had worker and would make an excellent deck-hand, I would gladly pay as a passenger(or both). I have the most excellent references. I am a single father trying to return to my young Daughter who desperately needs me there. The same people from my Church who currently undertake the care for her would also validate my character. Since I do not fly internationally, I must travel there by land or sea & unfortunately I missed my ship there this past May 1st, so know I am stranded here in the USA. Surely someone is about to set sail whom I could join. I love the open waters and could make the sea my home, so I know I would make good company, or would respectfully stay out of the way.
QUESTION: Could you tell me how to post on the main message board where everyone would have a chance to see my posting? I have no idea as to how to navigate this site, and only desire to do so in respect of seeking passage. I have requested repeatedly for assistance from cruiseforum's administrators, but they never even bother responding. I can't find the 'new thread' button anywhere. Please tell me how to place these new post. Thank you very much.
I goCosta Rica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Costa Rica