Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-02-2017, 17:44   #91

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2
Re: Kidnapped sailor Jurgen Kantner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetepare View Post
When Adam dunning was killed on Guadalcanal the aussies had serious military presence on island the next day. Where is the German army now?

Certainly my adventures have put my life at risk. While I share complicity should something like this befall me I know that my friends would deliver retribution and I would hope the government delivers an airstrike. I can say that if my young one follows in my footsteps of adventure and something were to happen to her I would deliver a Hiroshima retribution.
military strikes because one single person was killed? Germans don't do that anymore. We had some bad experiences with this in the past, like the killing of Franz Ferdinand in 1914 starting WW I.
Old 26-02-2017, 17:56   #92

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
The Inquier News article above says they were kidnapped in Malaysia. Is this correct, or was it Philippine waters?
phillipine waters, somewhere in the sulu sea
Old 26-02-2017, 18:22   #93
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzstar View Post
Pelagic- Does the above count? I stopped searching after seeing it so soon, but if it does not I may retry even though my opinions remain either way.
Buzzstar, perhaps semantics, but when you put responsibility on the decision of the captain to put himself and crew into a known high risk area, it does not lesson the murderous nature of the killers and the condemnation of them.

Yet, I can understand that you could read certain comments that way, I just don't, so please accept my apology.

If we can criticise a captain for sailing into a named storm, why is it not allowed to alert all to when a captain sails into a named piracy area?
Old 26-02-2017, 18:44   #94

Boat: No more boat (my medical, not the boat's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbi View Post
If I do some nightly sight seeing in a district with a high crime rate wearing a rolex and a shiny Iphone, the result may not be exactly my fault. But I guess most folks don't consider this a smart idea.

Anyone who purposely cruises a region with a documented history of certain risks takes full responsibility for this decision.

If a well know risk gets me, its my fault. Its a different story if some unforeseeable risk gets me completely off guard. Say if I get kidnapped while cruising Spain, or shot in Denmark, or Malaria strikes me in New York.

I wish Jürgen that he gets out there well, but he made his decisions either accepting or ignoring the risks.

He bitterly complained about how german government treated him after the 2008 Somalia rescue (e.g. not taking care of his yacht, not taking care of his housing or financial needs, they should not have paid ransom at all, etc) so no wonder Government doesn't come to the rescue this time.
Pelagic- here is another. I cannot reply to him since he has blocked me. You may wish to do the same. Neither of you seem to recognize the difference between a lack of wisdom and a barbaric and criminal act. Many, probably most, do see the difference.
Old 26-02-2017, 18:52   #95

Boat: No more boat (my medical, not the boat's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
Buzzstar, perhaps semantics, but when you put responsibility on the decision of the captain to put himself and crew into a known high risk area, it does not lesson the murderous nature of the killers and the condemnation of them.

Yet, I can understand that you could read certain comments that way, I just don't, so please accept my apology.

If we can criticise a captain for sailing into a named storm, why is it not allowed to alert all to when a captain sails into a named piracy area?
Opps. I had not seen your post quoted above before adding my post in response to my second post, #49, directed to you. Apology accepted. Nonetheless, I cannot equate, or reduce purely barbaric and criminal behaviour because of the victim's lack of wisdom or stupidity.
Old 26-02-2017, 18:55   #96
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Lol...."equate", "reduce" are your words and interpretation[emoji111]
Old 26-02-2017, 19:02   #97

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

Rabbi your points are well taken but still there should be a zero tolerance policy for brutal sick crime. While I try not to enter crime ridden areas when I do I carry a SIG226 and 45 rounds and my number one concern is my safety. When my auto was stolen from the suburbs I went looking for it in the hood driving a BMW with an AK47 and 180 rounds. My concern was recovering my auto not the lives of criminal gangbanger or even the "innocents" in that "community"

If it were up to me costal Somalia would be bombed out of existence in one night. The 1979 Iranian hostage crisis would have ended probably after the second city was nuked. There are two (now four with children) American idiots who have been held in Afghanistan now for four years. They deserve nothing better but if I were in charge they would be released next week.

I have zero pity for Christian missionaries kidnapped in Muslim countries or people held in Mexican prisons because the were caught buying pot. That said the terrorists shouldn't be permitted to take an upper hand. I say destroy them at any cost.

I travel to dicey places both for work and life. My family and friends know I do not want any payment made for my release- but they also know and will follow thru that any and all actions for my release are ok by me and should some criminal scum take my life retribution should be along the lines of global thermonuclear warfare- complete destruction with no concern for quarters or pseudo-civilians.

If the subject in question were my brother the residents of that island would suffer incredibly
Old 26-02-2017, 19:42   #98

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Rabbi your points are well taken but still there should be a zero tolerance policy for brutal sick crime. While I try not to enter crime ridden areas when I do I carry a SIG226 and 45 rounds and my number one concern is my safety. When my auto was stolen from the suburbs I went looking for it in the hood driving a BMW with an AK47 and 180 rounds. My concern was recovering my auto not the lives of criminal gangbanger or even the "innocents" in that "community"

If it were up to me costal Somalia would be bombed out of existence in one night. The 1979 Iranian hostage crisis would have ended probably after the second city was nuked. There are two (now four with children) American idiots who have been held in Afghanistan now for four years. They deserve nothing better but if I were in charge they would be released next week.

I have zero pity for Christian missionaries kidnapped in Muslim countries or people held in Mexican prisons because the were caught buying pot. That said the terrorists shouldn't be permitted to take an upper hand. I say destroy them at any cost.

I travel to dicey places both for work and life. My family and friends know I do not want any payment made for my release- but they also know and will follow thru that any and all actions for my release are ok by me and should some criminal scum take my life retribution should be along the lines of global thermonuclear warfare- complete destruction with no concern for quarters or pseudo-civilians.

If the subject in question were my brother the residents of that island would suffer incredibly

It takes a lot to shock me, but you sir, with this incredible post have done so.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 26-02-2017, 19:48   #99

And your solution? Flowers and peace rallies?

My Muslim friends agree. It would be nice to live in happy land but it doesn't exist. How do u propose to deal with terrorists? You condemn but offer no alternative

IIRC the rocks and kings cross used to be safe at night. And where is your terrorist who beat a cop in broad daylight during some rally? wasn't there some problem at bondi with rapes and crime by gangs and syndicates? Is this ok?

While u sat in CBD I saw my friends homes shot up by MEF on Gcanal. I lived that war while you watched it on ABC. I've been to palm island which NatGeo called the most dangerous place outside a war zone.

MEF commander Andrew Nore walked into the hospital and shot a guy in the knee. What happened? RAMSI did nothing and the terrorist got reelected to parliament.

Offer a better solution to terrorism. I'm all ears. Hope yours is better than Neville chaimberlain. That didn't work well.
Old 26-02-2017, 19:58   #100

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
And your solution? Flowers and peace rallies?

My Muslim friends agree. It would be nice to live in happy land but it doesn't exist. How do u propose to deal with terrorists? You condemn but offer no alternative

You certainly do value yourself, don't you. Retribution, global thermonuclear warfare !!
You may also note that I did not offer any condemnation, merely shock at the outrageously barbarous sentiments made by yourself.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 26-02-2017, 20:52   #101

I do. I have one body one life. I use it as best I can to forward scientific research and advance the ability of rural developing communities to join the global community.

I'm also tired of losing friends to terrorism. Specifically media driven CNN hyped stuff.

Do what u want. If terrorists cause my early demise and terminate my contributions to society then the terrs will pay a price that one might hope opens trade and research.

You can sit in cbd and be a pretender. I love Sydney harbor. It's as if Kokoda never happens.
Old 26-02-2017, 23:24   #102

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
I do. I have one body one life. I use it as best I can to forward scientific research and advance the ability of rural developing communities to join the global community.

I'm also tired of losing friends to terrorism. Specifically media driven CNN hyped stuff.

Do what u want. If terrorists cause my early demise and terminate my contributions to society then the terrs will pay a price that one might hope opens trade and research.

You can sit in cbd and be a pretender. I love Sydney harbor. It's as if Kokoda never happens.
Your not healthy.

Sent from my vivo Y35 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 26-02-2017, 23:40   #103
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

There is no need for an explanation as to why the thread has been closed.

CF is a boating Forum.. The moderators learned early that is best to stick to subjects within that arena.

You can see why.

besties...........
Closed Thread

Tags
sail