Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 12:39   #1

Philippines

I'm new at sailing, 25 year old from Vancouver island Canada, I have a CYA basic cruisers training, and traveling to the Philippines for the winter for a surf trip. I would love to work with somebody to enter the world of sailing. I'm a hard worker, will not disappoint!
walter langer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:41   #2

Re: Philippines

also!! any pointers on where to find work???
walter langer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 23:57   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: We're technically refugees from our home in Yemen now living in Lebenon
Boat: 1978 CT48

Welcome to the forum Walter....I'm thinking its not easy to find a decent job in the Philippines...I believe you would need a work permit and that may require getting a residence visa and that may start getting complicated i.e.$$$$ guarentees.
may just get lucky once on the ground.
You may also consider posting in our "crew positions" forum and see if you can shake something out.
Best of luck.
James S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:02   #4

Walter:
I am from Thunder Bay, ON, and have my 42' steel sloop here in Subic Bay, Philippines where I am doing some routine maintenance in the boatyard. If you want to work here in PI you will take a pay cut, no matter what kind of work you do.
If you want to get into sailing, one of your best bets is to spend some time in Puerto Galera, showing up at the Friday night BBQ at the PGYacht Club. Lots of sailors hang out there and there might be a chance of getting an outing. We are still ducking our heads with the typhoons in the area but the weather is improving and should be good (I hope) come November and on.
Good luck,
Pete
rigormortis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Philippines