Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Pacific & South China Sea
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-08-2010, 05:43   #31
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllanVannin View Post
And what's with the cheap NZ lamb!!! It is out of my budget here in NZ, last time I looked a leg of lamb was like $30 bucks.
Yes, it always amazes me. An economist might be able to explain it. I think we were in Turkey when we saw carrots from Australia for $1 per KG. They are much more in Australia than that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post

None the less, we and countless others have cruised these islands for years, and managed to eat good meals. It takes a bit more planning, and in truth we sometimes eat things that we might turn up our noses at elsewhere, but it's all part of the adventure and the learning experience.
Yep! Certainly is part of the adventure We can't see how the locals live if we can just reach into our huge freezer and pull out a slab of beef for 10,000 miles away. Mind you I am feeling like a loooooong cruise in Argentina!

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2010, 15:38   #32

Boat: Beneteau 40CC Oceanus 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwife View Post
Years ago I was on passage from Cape Town to Brazil. After being becalmed for ten days on the way, I was down to rice and lentils plus a tin of processed cheese. I hated cheese About 60 miles off the coast I was becalmed again. That tin of cheese, chopped into nuggets and mixed with the boiled lentils was the best meal I can remember having.

P.
Lol yep can so agree with this...thinking of all the weird and wonderful combinations of stale, squashed and down right odd stuff I have eaten at the end of a four day mountain hike. Amazing what you eat with relish after hours of trudging uphill with a heavy pack...for FUN
EllanVannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2010, 15:49   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Yep! Certainly is part of the adventure We can't see how the locals live if we can just reach into our huge freezer and pull out a slab of beef for 10,000 miles away. Mind you I am feeling like a loooooong cruise in Argentina!

Adventure ...LMAO....scoff, scoff...says the man who is chowing down on fresh brie, pain au chocolate and a good baguette. Easy to say when the memory of dog for dinner is a distant nightmare eh Mark!!!! You just love torturing us all with your magical Mediterranean cuisine NOT that I am at all jealous

Off to the techy page now to figure out how you do that quote from two people in one post thing before I chow down on a boring breakfast of bran flakes.
Old 16-08-2010, 17:26   #34

Boat: Islander Freeport 36
Quote:
Adventure ...LMAO....scoff, scoff...says the man who is chowing down on fresh brie, pain au chocolate and a good baguette. Easy to say when the memory of dog for dinner is a distant nightmare eh Mark!!!! You just love torturing us all with your magical Mediterranean cuisine NOT that I am at all jealous

Off to the techy page now to figure out how you do that quote from two people in one post thing before I chow down on a boring breakfast of bran flakes.
Try copy and paste.
JiffyLube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 15:45   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiffyLube View Post
Try copy and paste.
What a simple solution????? Lol far too hard for me to think of that lol Even easier is the little multiple quote button at bottom of page , thank you for trying to ease my day lol, Jiffy. By the way I have stayed for a week at your Marina hotel there in Oceanside and you live in a great part of the world
Old 17-08-2010, 18:46   #36

Boat: Islander Freeport 36
Quote:
What a simple solution????? Lol far too hard for me to think of that lol Even easier is the little multiple quote button at bottom of page , thank you for trying to ease my day lol, Jiffy. By the way I have stayed for a week at your Marina hotel there in Oceanside and you live in a great part of the world
There a nice little coffee shop called the Nautical Bean on the other side of the that harbor, and I go there often.
JiffyLube is offline   Reply With Quote