Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2015, 06:15   #1

Sabah to Cebu

Folks, looking for some advice. i bought a boat in Sabah, and want to get her up to Cebu to a boatyard for some much needed TLC. She's sound enough for this trip, tho I'll pop an outboard on back as the engine is Kaput!

I'm living in Hong Kong but aim to do the trip in July/August, typhoon season I know but am hoping to go up to Palwan then along the coast.

I'm also hoping to have a paid skipper for the wee trip.
So if anyone can offer any tuppence worth on the trip, and if anyone knows a reliable chap that can take the trip, do let me know please.
Always good advice on here.

Rgds
Lowtze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:03   #2

Boat: 46' custom cat "Rum Doxy", Roughwater 41"Abreojos"
Re: Sabah to Cebu

Sounds like a reasonable plan. Typhoons will certainly be a concern, but on the other hand you should have favorable winds at that time of year. It would be better if you could leave sooner, but you know that already I assume. Bring a reliable outboard and plan on motoring a lot. Given recent events, the west coast of Palawan is probably a better choice than the east coast. We did that trip staying outside the reefs but inside the shipping and had no issues. When you are in the area try to find another cruiser with the raster charts of the Philippines put together by the skipper of 'Bewitched'. These are beautifully drawn charts from the good old days of American imperialism and are far superior to the electronic charts available. You can run them using OpenCPN.

www.sailblogs.com/member/rumdoxy

Come to the dark side. We have donuts.
mikereed100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Saba