Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Pacific & South China Sea
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 09:56   #1

Sailboat from California to Hawaii

I am interested in information on trips from California to Hawaii or vice versa. Does anyone know of any reputable companies that have planned sailing trips like this? Or would I have to look into chartering a sailboat with crew? If you have a boat and are willing to make this trip please provide some info. I'm looking to travel after January 2011 and am fairly flexible as to the time of year. You tell me when the best time to make a voyage like this would be and I will work my schedule around it.
Dina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 18:20   #2

Boat: Morgan 34
Re: Sailboat from California to Hawaii

I did the return trip, Hawaii to San Francisco, many years ago... returning a friend's Traveler 32 after he did the SF-Hawaii Transpac singlehanded race. I've started a blog with that trip as my leadoff story, if you're interested: Saltwater Seamanship | Valuing a Saltwater Sailing Education.

I have the impression that many of those Transpac racers do not want to do the return trip and there'd be opportunities to get on board a boat coming back, which would be end of August, into September. You might want to check out the Transpac organizing websites. It's a great trip. Good luck!
Rhumbrunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california