Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-12-2021, 00:22   #1

Boat: BABA 30
South Pacific 2022 Anyone?

Is anyone planning to sail into the South Pacific in the 2022 season from US West coast, Hawaii, or Mexico?

I’m sailing from Hawaii to the Marquesas in March, and I’m interested who’s stepping off this year. Contacts would be great as well. I have permission from DPAM (FP Marine affairs) for a March arrival, my long stay visa appointment in Los Angeles first week of January. Fingers crossed borders stay open, and my long stay visa goes smooth. Using Jacaranda’s info sheets and friends that have gone, but looking for any tips from anyone that has had VFS Global interviews.

I am a longtime CF reader but haven’t been involved or posted much.

Noah and Ky. Baba 30. Honolulu, HI
Noah-SVGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2021, 20:47   #2

Boat: Baba 35
Re: South Pacific 2022 Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah-SVGenesis View Post
Is anyone planning to sail into the South Pacific in the 2022 season from US West coast, Hawaii, or Mexico?

I’m sailing from Hawaii to the Marquesas in March, and I’m interested who’s stepping off this year. Contacts would be great as well. I have permission from DPAM (FP Marine affairs) for a March arrival, my long stay visa appointment in Los Angeles first week of January. Fingers crossed borders stay open, and my long stay visa goes smooth. Using Jacaranda’s info sheets and friends that have gone, but looking for any tips from anyone that has had VFS Global interviews.

Hey Neighbor!

We are in Honolulu and Hauled out right now, hoping to make the '22 window for FP. COVID and shipping delays pushed back our refit by 6 months at least so its a up in the air if we will make it.

Is there an online group or mailing list of some kind for Pacific passage-makers?

Best of Luck and will DM our email once we spash.

Matt and Jen
SV Babido
Baba 35
Patient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 01:20   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and belated welcome aboard the CF, Noah.

Pacific Puddle Jump offshore sailing rally
Pacific Puddle Jump Official Web Site

Westbound cruisers headed to the South Pacific use the Pacific Puddle Jump group (PPJ) to disseminate information that others may find useful. The PPJ group also contains useful links, database of all PPJ vessels, and a lot of other information.
PPJ ➥ https://groups.io/g/PacificPuddleJump

Facebook ➥
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1102530253191598/

2020-21 Yellow Flag Guide to French Polynesia http://www.pacificpuddlejump.com/pdf...chPoly2021.pdf

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2021, 21:58   #4

Boat: Allied 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah-SVGenesis View Post

Hey Noah have a look at our recent FP LS visa document. There are a couple of recent updates both in the US and Canada using VFS Global. I just uploaded a new version about 10 days ago.

Would you please let me know as you go thru the process if I could make any updates

Chuck
Ex Jacaranda
Old 22-12-2021, 00:52   #5

Boat: BABA 30

Thank you Chuck, your site has been a wealth of great info so far. Thanks for letting me know theres an updated one, I’ll check it out. I will let you know if my experience differs from the ones you’ve referenced, or if there is any additional requirements we come across.

Much Appreciated,
Noah
Noah-SVGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 11:10   #6

Boat: 2010 Leopard 46

We are planning on leaving from Banderas Bay for the Marquesas in March. We have been looking at the Pacific Puddle Jump site and the South Pacific Posse site. Both have good info. Do people recommend one over the other for specific topic areas?
Looking4Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
south pacific