Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Indian Ocean & Red Sea
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-08-2018, 11:49   #1

Chef/cook in the Seychelles for a charter sail

I am planning a two weeks bareboat charter sail in May or June 2019 in the Seychelles and I've been thinking about looking for one or two locals as onboard chefs for an appropriate pay.

Would anybody know somebody down there who would like to do that? It will probably be on a 45-50ish Cat with enough cabins for everybody.

I have never done that before but after my last charter I swore that next time it will be different: we kept visiting crowded supermarkets on weekends after long flights. It is too exhausting and we usually gave away like 1/3 of the stuff we bought after the charter. And we have often been disappointed by our own skills in cookingthe local food. I imagine handing over the fish I catch to a Seychellian to let him/her do some local recipies could quite a lot better.

Thanks for advice!
Florian
Airjordi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, chef, sail, Seychelles