Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2011, 10:03   #121

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Re: Idea to Reduce Somali Piracy ?

Just heard on the TV that the Navy is going to let the pirates go.
Old 23-02-2011, 10:08   #122
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post
What make u think I don't have or anyone else for that matter doesn't know how it works.

The FIRST lines of it's charter talks about security.

Sorry...but to me performance sort of equals "working"...where is the UN in all of this piracy?...where has it been with the Southeastern asia piracy?

Rather than saw people don't understand how the UN works..tell us how it's going to increase "security" in the region. People are dying...I hear nothing...
"It"??? "the UN" ????? WTF?? FFS the UN is you You are moaning about something you haven't done.

Quote:
Somalia: Pirates attack UN aid ship, prompting call for action

20 May 2007 – Following a deadly attack on an aid ship in the waters off Somalia, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today appealed for international action against piracy, warning that it is seriously threatening relief deliveries to the country.
“We urge key nations to do their utmost to address this plague of piracy, which is now threatening our ability to feed 1 million Somalis,” said WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran from the agency’s Rome headquarters

Note the date...the UN is a comittee ...that about sums it up.
Note the date?? The situation in Somalia and in the Indian Ocean has even been on TV for many years before that A failed state on the edge of a major world shipping lane - I wonder how that could ever go bad???

The UN is a Committee - what did you think it was? some sort of supernatural being with magical powers?
Old 23-02-2011, 10:12   #123
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingway View Post
Good call Boatman. They weren't kidnapped for their or because of their bibles. Religion and race have no place in the discussion. The bibles might have been why these people were where they were but the other folks in the flotilla, for our purposes, didn't have a better or worse reason to transit the Suez.
That's rather disingenuous - but I guess if it helps keep the peace on CF I can live with that. But if I ever get captured by Somali Pirates, sure as **** I wouldn't want my boat stuffed full of bibles

Folks in the 3rd world are as capable of adding 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5 as the rest of us. and sometimes they come up with 4 as well - if it walks like a duck..............

YMMV.
Old 23-02-2011, 10:21   #124
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle

I made an effort to keep this open but you have to co-operate too.

Thread closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
piracy