Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Indian Ocean & Red Sea
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-02-2011, 17:02   #46

Location: Currently on the HARD in Guaymas Mexico and staying in Phoenix, AZ
Boat: Columbia 45
Re: United Nations Resolutions & Piracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Stocking View Post
Honestly?- you wouldn't expect more from that waste of time and money-would you?
Read "Shake hands with the devil" , by Lt Gen. Rome'o Dallaire, the Canadian Officer sent in to stop the Rwanda genocide.
The abandonment of his objectives and lack of support, by the UN, was a disgrace to mankind.

Multi National Force of Observers MNFO is reall the the MUlti Nationa FARCE of Obstructionist -Look the Other Wayers. Waste of human lives and moeny. All political beuraucracy and red tape.
Old 26-02-2011, 17:43   #47

Location: Currently on the HARD in Guaymas Mexico and staying in Phoenix, AZ
Boat: Columbia 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookoutnw View Post
Multi National Force of Observers MNFO is reall the the MUlti Nationa FARCE of Obstructionist -Look the Other Wayers. Waste of human lives and moeny. All political beuraucracy and red tape.
I hit send before I was done. I just edited it for a bit and was not able to save the edit. I had a lot addded to elaborate. In short. UN can't do anything as they have No Teeth. It is up to the countries that Do to do what is Morally Right and Just.
Letters from corrupt officials authorising boats to carry weapons will be easy to get so as to add revenue to the officials / warlord's bank account. I.E. Re-sale of yachts and small ships 'Captured in Acts of Piracy'. Like fishing and catching a fish within the sight of one of his 'Enforcement vessels'. Taking to long to transit his "area of Influence' It seems to me the list can go on and on with imagination. I can guarentee teh majority of teh 'Officials' I am talking about in many countries around teh world are not stupid and they wil have scapegoats to sacrifice. Best thing is not to put on in harm's way. But if you have to? Be on teh biggest vessel you can be on, and have LEGAL armed guards available and WILLING to do what is necessary. After all, Look at what SeaShephers are doing 'legally'. Boarding a foreign vessel at sea and causing them physical damage. They get away with it. I don't like teh whaling thing, but what Sea Shepherds is doing is not much less than what the Somali's are doing, or the Indonesians, Fillipini, or on and on and on around the world.
Old 26-02-2011, 18:07   #48

Boat: Prior boats: Transpac 49; DeFever 54

Love your quote, Don Lucas! Rather than risk censure by our moderator, I will refrain from any comment on the UN regulations... cheers, Capt Phil
Old 26-02-2011, 23:06   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle

This thread is now closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
piracy