Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-06-2018, 08:23   #1

34 Male seeking vessel to crew

Hello all, I’m a merchant marine and curious if there are any people looking for amateur crew from the months of October-January. Im trying to get some experience outside of bigger vessels, as I am interested in buying my own home on the water.

Thanks in advance!
Kaydubya09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 10:13   #2

Re: 34 Male seeking vessel to crew

Yes but......
Give a little more information about yourself and in particular your location, willingness to travel etc.
Captandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 11:09   #3

Re: 34 Male seeking vessel to crew

Well, as mentioned I am a merchant mariner. I’ve got some time in the class room in the deck department and engine dept as well. I’m a future engineer in the making, but have a liking for deck work as well. I’m in the SIU (seafarers international union), and have been in it for about 1.5 years. Unfortunately, in the union you can’t be in deck AND engine departments simultaneously. I’m currently sailing on a bulk carrier in the Great Lakes. I’ve got a contract until early October.

I’ve sold all of my belongings and am just looking for a couple of months of adventure and learning until my next classes start in January.

As far as location, I can fly anywhere to meet and would really be interested in cruising long distances, or in tropical locations. I’m financially stable as well.

I’m hoping that I can sail with one or more individuls and learn the ropes. I’m not totally green as far as sailing goes in general. But, sailing yachts would be a first. I’ve always been told that I’m a fast learner and easy to get along with.

I hope this clears up any concerns/questions
Kaydubya09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew