Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2021, 21:11   #1

Cool 42Ft Lagoon Catamaran from Annapolis to Virgin Islands

Hi Folks -- I am sailing Orion back down to the Virgin Islands in November. We have room for some additional crew if anyone is interested in learning to sail offshore or just unplug for a couple weeks on an adventure.

Tentatively plan to leave Annapolis, MD on 11/7/21 and sail directly to St. Thomas USVI, then clear customs into the BVIs. Total time at sea would be 9-11 days. Crew can disembark in USVI as well (which would mean no immigration/customs).

I made the trip up from St. Thomas to Annapolis on Orion this July and it was an amazing experience.

We will have satellite connectivity, generator, water maker, code zero, ample living space and a weather router available. Each crew member would also get their own cabin and private head.

Offshore sailing experience a plus, but not 100% necessary. I am doing some shake out day trips to get the crew ready over the next two weekends out of Edgewater, MD, so folks can get a feel for it.

Please let me know if interested.

About Orion: 2019 Lagoon 42

https://sail-orion.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	l42_main.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	247390   Click image for larger version

Name:	layout.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	247391  

Click image for larger version

Name:	l42_rear.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	438.4 KB
ID:	247392  
Sailing Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2021, 04:56   #2

Re: 42Ft Lagoon Catamaran from Annapolis to Virgin Islands

Excited to see your post and quite interested. I’m 58, retired, and a long time sailor on SF Bay (Lagoon 380, etc). My schedule is flexible, my temperament quite balanced and I fit in well as crew. Just departed Spring Cove Marina, MD last Fall on John Kretschmer’s water sailing">blue water sailing passage out to Bermuda and down to St. Thomas (2 weeks). Would love to learn more; pleased to share my sailing CV.
SailorZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2021, 09:29   #3

I’m interested in doing this. I have a bit of experience sailing but not a ton. I did help crew on a race boat for weekly races on Lake Champlain, sailed with friends to the Bimini islands from Ft Lauderdale, and more recently I helped a friend move his Morgan 30 up the Hudson to it’s mooring on Lake Champlain. I’ve also been out with him on a couple of overnighters.

I’m hooked. This winter I’m determined to get some legit sailing experience. I could be ready for this shake down. I even have friends who live in Edgewarter. Get in touch if you’re still looking. Thanks, Dwight
djgies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2021, 08:16   #4

Boat: Schionning 1040 Cat

Hello
Mark here,...I saw your posting on the forum and thought I would give you a shout out.
I not sure if you are still seeking crew but here is a little about myself.
Im 62 and very physically fit. I have always managed to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
I just retired as an airline attendant after 35 years.
in my spare time I've built 4 boats from plans and have managed to accumulate lots of sailing experience on different boats; Deliveries include Hawaii to San Diego and Saint Martin to the Azores. I have also done a delivery from San Diego to Panama and Bermuda to Road Island.
I have a blog
marksboatproject.blogspot.com
I've renovated 11 single famile homes and I'm quit mechanically inclined. Until recently I held a captains license and STCW,... It started as a six pack and I worked my way up to a 25 ton, 50 ton and then 100 ton, however I just retired my certification. I am currently looking to help out with deliveries. I decided I liked not being the one in charge! With a little notice I am able to travel to just about any major airport. I can bring a lot to the table (deck) I work very well under pressure , and extreme conditions I can also work the shift that nobody likes, I can cook clean and sew, sail repair.
Regards
Mark Strauchman
321 2236825
markanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2021, 13:33   #5

Hi, looks like you've already got some great responses, but I wanted to throw my hat in too. I have enough experience to be useful, but still have lots to learn.

I am local to you and keep my own 44' monohull in nearby Deale, MD and can easily meet up for shakedown trips.

I have been crew/first mate on 4 bareboat charters on boat like Orion, and will be skippering my own bareboat in the BVIs this March.

I have one 6 day offshore delivery trip, and am looking for more.

If interested, please PM or 240 6872142.

Thanks,

Randy
WatchingWaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2021, 13:48   #6

PM Sent
Experienced with RYA Coastal Skipper/Tidal
References available
Time2Go is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis, catamaran, lagoon, Virgin Islands