Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-08-2017, 14:42   #1

Australia to New Zealand Nov 2017

Hi, we are looking for an enthusiastic, competent couple to sail with us to New Zealand leaving Australia (Gold Coast/Coffs Harbour way) landing Opua, NZ, in November.
The boat is a 40ft Schionning Wilderness, which we have been living aboard cruising down the east coast since Easter. She is a well-made, seaworthy vessel extremely capable of the trip.
We are an Aussie/NZ married couple in our 50s, and have sailed to NZ previously (in a mono) and to New Caledonia (on a cat).
Look forward to hearing from interested people.
Old 26-08-2017, 16:25   #2

Boat: Clipper Mk II , 17 ft fractional rigged sloop
Re: Australia to New Zealand Nov 2017

Hi Melrose
What cost to the crew do you believe it will be .
Crew like to know in advance . thank you

cheers

HVYJimmy
Old 27-08-2017, 00:39   #3

Hi, the cost to the crew is just a share of the food cost, nothing else, apart from any costs for their own customs/immigration
Old 27-08-2017, 14:23   #4

Hi

l'm interested in the trip. I'm 63 with some sailing experience, l have crossed the Tasman before in a 40 footer and Rorotonga 3 years ago. I have family in the Gold Coast and could combine the voyage with a trip to see them. I live in Wellington. Contact Gilmours282@gmail.com. Cheers john
Old 27-08-2017, 20:42   #5

Hi Melrose,
What experience level do you require? I'm a complete novice but am super keen to learn and am trying to gain some experience on coastal cruisers between now and your departure date.
Old 28-08-2017, 14:15   #6

We are ideally looking for a couple as berths and watches are easier that way - but that's not set in concrete.
At present we are in Hervey Bay, sailing down to the Gold Coast in the next few weeks.
A huge amount of experience is not essential, more so that we will be able to all live together in a relatively small space for the duration of the trip. If possible we would like to do a couple of sails with you before leaving so we, and you, can see how we all get on.
As the Australian departure and New Zealand arrival are weather dependent we cannot give specific dates. Can you be flexible with this?
Old 28-08-2017, 14:40   #7

Yeah, I sure can be!
Old 05-09-2017, 10:35   #8

Boat: Catalina470

Hello. Definitely interested. Aussie couple with thousands of blue water miles logged including ARC and Sydney Hobart. He has mechanical background.. she has great references as crew..both have a racing background but settling into bluewater cruise mode these days. Based in Adelaide
Old 05-09-2017, 15:48   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by melrose3547 View Post
We are ideally looking for a couple as berths and watches are easier that way - but that's not set in concrete.
At present we are in Hervey Bay, sailing down to the Gold Coast in the next few weeks.
A huge amount of experience is not essential, more so that we will be able to all live together in a relatively small space for the duration of the trip. If possible we would like to do a couple of sails with you before leaving so we, and you, can see how we all get on.
As the Australian departure and New Zealand arrival are weather dependent we cannot give specific dates. Can you be flexible with this?
Hello,
I'm currently in Airlie beach, but can travel to you at Hervey bay to meet,
Cheers Samele
Old 05-09-2017, 20:27   #10

Hello,
We are very interested in this trip, this is exactly what we are looking for! We are Aussie couple in our 40s and we are novice to sailing but very, very keen to learn as we planning to buy a catamaran in near future.
My husband is very handy with any kind of repairs and fixing staff (electrical, pluming, engines, etc), I love cooking and baking and we both enjoying fishing. Living aboard will be not a problem as we used tosmall quotes as for the last 8 years we are living in the caravan and travelling Australia.We are flexible and available anytime. At the moment we are in Bundaberg then if you are still in Harvey Bay or somewhere down the coast please let us know and we can meet you there and have more detail conversation.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:33   #11

Hello! My boyfriend and I are also interested if the position is still open! We are a couple in our mid 20's and we are currently backpacking around the world. Our original dream was to sail, but decided to backpack now and sail when we have more money! I have very minimal experience, while my boyfriend has been sailing since he was a kid. We are currently in Indonesia but our plans are flexible! Please let me know if you are still in need of crew!

Thanks,
Meghan
Old 13-09-2017, 00:35   #12

Thanks Meagan, personal message sent
Old 13-09-2017, 02:15   #13

Hello, I am very interested in sailing to NZ with you.I am a kiwi and have lived on the Gold Coast/Brisbane for many years. I have 10years sailing experience in Queensland waters and the last 4yrs in South East Asia...Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Borneo. The boat is a Light was 38 catamaran with 2 people on board. I have to be in NZ in NZ in January for my mother's 90th and sailing over would be fantastic. Been on my bucket list for a long time. Unfortunately I am only one and not a couple. Hopefully you will consider me and I'm on the Gold Coast at the moment. I am able to meet up anytime.
Regards Lynette. Email ...lynettenichols@gmail.com
Old 26-09-2017, 17:52   #14

Thanks to all -we have filled the positions
Closed Thread

Tags
Australia, New Zealand