Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-12-2020, 23:35   #1

Australian Offering Services in Oceania

I'm Looking to crew on your sailing vessel!
Not interested in becoming pax!
Professional here, not a tourist!
Crew conditions and any costs incurred by me (ie flights) will be taken under consideration whilst discussing voyage plan / employment contract.

I bring lots of experience and knowledge to the table, I'm capable of preforming duties in rough sea's and believe i can preform any task required by a sailor on board, including sail changes in rough seas. I can meet my captain from any airport on the Oceania Continent. I carry my own oceanic clothing and tether system. I come prepared for this opportunity and have undertaken years of research about cross-oceanic voyages and water sailing">blue water sailing. I can sail without a rudder, operate radios both regularly and in an emergency, safely use flares, epirbs and life boats. I would prefer a boat with bulkheads / double hulled.

The main reason I want to sail beyond inshore is to extend my sailing experience and make it into a professional career, I believe with these experiences I have a better chance of employment. Please help me along the way, looking for a reference after our sailing experience. No destination off limits. I am 28 yo Male with Australian, Irish and French descent. I have a working background / training in hospitality, IT, outdoor recreation and first aid.

List of requirements

1. Sufficiently maintained boat.
2. Up-to date safety equipment.
3. Voyage plan before departing.
4. Safety fund for any unseen circumstances.
5. Vessel with ship registration. Preferably Australian.
6. I want to know the captains experience, intentions and what they want out of sailing and if other crew will be joining/already aboard.
7. My duties, your expectations.
8. Contract drawn before boarding your vessel.
9. Insurance and Repatriation costs covered in the case of medical emergency.

About Me:

Started sailing as a child, becoming a captain at 14 yo, responsible for single crew mate on my international cadet #5698, at 17 I moved to keel boats and have sailed on 3 different boats of various lengths 26" - 42", both cruiser and racer. This experience was undertaken at Royal Geelong Yacht Club in Port Phillip Bay. I currenlty own a international laser with no association to yacht club. I can perform a myriad of tasks. (docking, bowman, trimming, steering, navigating, maintenance). I have competed in many seasons of twilight and Saturday races and 3x Festival of Sails under captain J.Wolff on Bad influence a Jeanneau Sun odyssey 42.

Born to a knowledgeable sailer with much bay experience, who designed and built a Custom steel, 14 ton, 32 footer, fin keel, double-headsail rig. I have sailed regularly in 3-4 meter waves with 60-90 knot winds. Many off-seasons have been spent sailing this ship with my father. Me and him have maintained this boat ourselves before it was sold a few years ago.

Also looking for a captain that will endorse Coxswain / STCW and who would have professional links to the industry.
Looking perferably for paid work but free board/food/booze is enticing should the right captain and ship come along.
Required to give 2 weeks notice in my current job.
This would be my first job in the yachting industry.
My resume and job experience can be viewed for free on linkedin --> https://www.linkedin.com/in/ddgoose/
Nuzicx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, offer, service