Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-06-2021, 08:12   #1

Boat: Bavaria 38
calling mad Captain Red Beard Rum ... Arghhhhh

Hi folks, this is an odd one... (sorry about the title ... Blackadder)
Me... 57 years young going through marital separation and mid-life-crisis. Have sailed in my teens, so am to be treated like the new naïve cabin boy (no naughty suggestions please).
Currently about to purchase a 33-44' live aboard without a clue! This is going to happen. I had a bad car accident in 2015, forced to take early retirement and have been going slowly insane during lockdown. Need to get off anti-depressants ASAP!
I live in the Midlands and am planning a week in the Solent from 12th July onwards. Meeting some very enthusiastic brokers and looking a boats that I can't afford. Thereafter was going to bring my caravan to a nice pub car park in the harbour and try to do some sailing for a few weeks for anyone crazy enough to have me???? I am friendly, intelligent, physically able and professional.
I would like to do a few weeks crewing on anything from a lazer to the channel ferry..... over to you old sea dogs!!!
andyhall@gmx.co.uk +44 (0) 7583 164106
MentalHealthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 18:19   #2
SuW

Boat: 1976 Bayfield 32
Re: calling mad Captain Red Beard Rum ... Arghhhhh

Hi Andy,
The best idea might be to contact the yacht clubs* in the area that you visit. Not commercial marinas.
Usually this time of year there are a lot of races and cruisers going out for the day. Someone may need crew.
There are yacht clubs all over your proposed area, as I remember.
Good luck!
(and I hope you're not reduced to drinking your own urine...lol!)

*Or "sailing clubs".
SuW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal, captain, rum