Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-04-2020, 06:23   #1
x81

can provide third watch help

can provide basic watch help. ideally third shift but can take others. done a few sails from caribbean to south usa. not the most experienced person here but probably the most flexible. clean. no drugs/smoke/drunk. single/selfemployed with no time restrictions. prefer warm sails right now but will consider others. valid usa passport. expired mmc - need to renew it when covid19 goes away. negative btw. only challenge might be getting to where you are but that depends on the country's allowances. many nations are reopening slowly. respond here or send pm if interested. i usually respond in the late afternoons and evenings est. used to live in the usvi. reside in central fl now. moving back to stt/stj soon.
x81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2020, 06:56   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: can provide third watch help

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, x81.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2020, 06:28   #3

You might want to get down to the Virgin Islands now. There are quite a few boats looking for help going North before hurricane season. Fortunately US ports are open to US flagged vessels. Some of the owners are nervous about the straight shot from the Islands and are looking for professional help. If I wasn't busy right now I'd be heading that way myself.
Captandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2020, 10:47   #4
x81

Thanks for the heads up. I have a flight booked to STT on 5/18. I can arrive as early as tomorrow if someone needs help but the stay at home order remains in effect throughout the territory. Leisure travel into the USVI remains prohibited. Business travel is permitted but anyone arriving would need to justify that. And so it's probably a safer bet to connect with someone remotely so I can provide answers to government questions when I land. (amazing times that I have to justify my movements in the United States)
x81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 15:35   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Voyage, 500

Are you still interested in a sail? We are leaving STT with the salty dawgs wouldn't mind another hand at watch. Have a 50 ft cat. If you can get here before the 20th when we set sail. Heading to Wilmington, NC.
lokityler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 05:35   #6

Hi there. If you’re still looking, we’re sailing our Lagoon 450 from St. Thomas to Ft. Lauderdale next week. Plan on taking a couple of weeks and stopping along the way. Let me know if you’re interested. Crew pay their own expenses, but you would have a private cabin and head.
Tropiclvr is offline   Reply With Quote