Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-08-2018, 06:50   #1

Captain/Teacher Tampa starting August 31

My wife and I need a captain to help us do a short move across Tampa Bay on August 31st (must be this date) and then to spend additional days teaching us how to proficiently use our boat (anytime September is good for training).

The Boat: 2010 47’ Leopard Power Cat in excellent condition. The few minor things that came up in the survey back in April have all been fixed.

The Move: She is currently sitting in a residential canal in St Petersburg and we need to move her to the little harbor marina in Ruskin. The previous owner has graciously allowed me to keep her moored at his house the last few months but I have to move her on the 31st.

The Teaching: call me crazy, but we purchased this boat to do the great loop with our three kids, with none of us having experience on a boat this large. We’ve owned boats and done tons of boating for the better part of a decade, but that’s all been on ski boats. In an attempt to short cut the learning process, we decided to hire someone to train us over the course or several days or even several weeks.

Requirements: Must be friendly and a decent teacher with lots of patience.

Thanks in advance!
Boat Named Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 09:39   #2

Re: Captain/Teacher Tampa starting August 31

Give me a call at 561-445-0621. If I am not available on 8/31 perhaps my son will be. Thereafter, both or one of us may be available. Me: retired, ASA Inst., 100T Master with a fairly long delivery record. Him: retired USCG Commander and currently Delta pilot living in Tampa and headquartered in Atlanta.
Please leave a message, attn: sailing 416, as I will not answer if I do not recognize the phone #. Best wishes.
Sailing416 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
captain