Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2024, 06:23   #1

Boat: 2019 Dudley Dix 45
Captain Wanted for April West Coast Delivery

Hello, everyone.

I am close to closing the purchase of a new (to me) Dudley Dix Vickers 45 sloop and need an experienced captain to move the boat from its current port in Oxnard, California, to Coos Bay, Oregon. The trip should be planned for early April 2024—weather permitting. No other crew is needed, as I and two other volunteers are lined up. I will pay for an experienced captain plus travel and expenses.

The boat https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/201...ix-45-9169318/ is five years old and pre-purchase, engine, and rigging surveys have been conducted. All items listed in the Findings and Recommendations will be addressed before departure.

My sailing experience is limited to the protected waters of the Columbia River, and I want to find someone with experience delivering boats along the California and PNW coast. Please send me a DM or comment on this thread for more information.
Old 30-03-2024, 09:31   #2

Boat: 2019 Dudley Dix 45
Re: Captain Wanted for April West Coast Delivery

I have an update on this discussion and want to bump it.

Unfortunately, the captain who I was in contact with had to decline because of a scheduling conflict, so I am still in need of someone with West Coast delivery experience. The boat is supposed to be back in the water by the end of this week(it was hauled out for a couple out-of-water jobs). I would like to move the boat in the next few weeks, especially before the end of April, as it sucks to pay for the southern California slip for another month.

DM me if you're interested. Currently, I will be the only crew on board. If anyone is interested as a hand, let me know as well.
Old 30-03-2024, 13:20   #3

Boat: Hobie 16
Re: Captain Wanted for April West Coast Delivery

Hello,
I would captain the trip North. Please find my sailing experience on this site in my profile. Let's talk.

Andrew Hungerford
Hobieandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
captain, delivery, wanted, west coast